Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1535 - Find References for virtual funco no good

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swinefeaster Posted - Sep 19 2006 : 11:24:01 AM
If I invoke a Find References for a an overridden virtual function in a derived class, the results window does not display any references to the base class's function. Therefore I can't see where it is called, as it is called virtually from the base class in this case.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 06 2006 : 7:56:24 PM
Fixed in 1538.

Rename in a base class changes overriding names in derived classes. Rename of a overriding member in a derived class does not rename within a base class.
feline Posted - Sep 23 2006 : 6:16:36 PM
swinefeaster was there a pre-processor directive on the same line as the comment?
find references should not be picking up random comment lines.

can you reproduce this effect? if so is there any change of a code sample showing the effect?
swinefeaster Posted - Sep 19 2006 : 4:45:34 PM
i also got some weird entries that didn't relate... just a "// Comment" line which didn't even mentioned the function I was looking for...
.oisyn Posted - Sep 19 2006 : 3:44:26 PM
A workaround for this problem is to do a find references on the method declaration in the base class. Of course, this in turn doesn't show the calls that are invoked on the derived classes.
rhummer Posted - Sep 19 2006 : 3:19:51 PM
already been reported..

case=1287

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000