Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 extra space inserted after commenting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
not_happy0 Posted - Sep 19 2006 : 6:21:17 PM

in the recent release of VAX, after the commenting there is a space inserted into the code. This make it uncompatible with the native VStudio uncommenting ?

etc, before:

//Test

now:

// Test

is there any option i need to change to get back the orginal behavoir ?
thx in advance
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 11 2006 : 12:46:19 PM
i always keep tabs in my source files, and i have never seen VA convert tabs to spaces on commenting or un-commenting.
sean Posted - Oct 11 2006 : 01:18:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by not_happy0

i am ok with using VA comment/uncomment together. And i am not sure which version work like this before (at least 4-5 months ago).

In older versions one form of comment (but not all forms) did not insert a space but all forms of uncomment did remove a space. It changed in the last year so that comment/uncomment are at least consistent.

quote:

also, one other problem is that after VA commenting, it change the Tab into actual spaces -- which is another anonying thing. thx

Like Joe, I don't experience this. Is it specific to a particular editor (C/C++ vs C#)?
jpizzi Posted - Oct 11 2006 : 12:22:56 AM
I can comment and uncomment a selection, and the tabs stay (which is amazing, since I have "convert tabs to spaces" turned on).

Can you give us more specifics of when you are seeing this happening?

BTW, tested with VAX 1534 and VS2005.
not_happy0 Posted - Oct 10 2006 : 11:52:22 PM

i am ok with using VA comment/uncomment together. And i am not sure which version work like this before (at least 4-5 months ago).

also, one other problem is that after VA commenting, it change the Tab into actual spaces -- which is another anonying thing. thx
sean Posted - Sep 22 2006 : 02:50:46 AM
They differ in more than just the space. VA puts the slashes in the first column. VS puts the slashes in the column before the text on the line.
jpizzi Posted - Sep 22 2006 : 02:38:34 AM
What is the benefit of having them work differently? Just asking...
sean Posted - Sep 22 2006 : 02:27:05 AM
That behavior is by design. You should use the native commenting if you want to use the native uncommenting. The VA uncommenting is invoked by the same key used to comment: /
jpizzi Posted - Sep 22 2006 : 02:14:57 AM
This is how it is working for me, too. Can you tell me which version of VA you had when it worked like you desire? That might help to track down the issue and resolve it.
not_happy0 Posted - Sep 20 2006 : 7:20:52 PM
oops, sorry for missing the details.
yes, it is from the "surround with /" (ie hilite the word "Test" and press "/" key)

this is with VS2003 and VS2005, and VA 10.3.1534
thx again
jpizzi Posted - Sep 20 2006 : 03:12:31 AM
I would guess that the OP means that "surround with /" does this.

Which IDE, and which version of VA?
rhummer Posted - Sep 19 2006 : 7:41:31 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. Is it from autotext producing the comment?

What are you doing exactly that causes the space to appear?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000