Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 could not find symbols in console project

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cat_mouse_uk Posted - Oct 04 2006 : 06:19:20 AM
Hi all
I found that if I use "find symbol" in MFC project it works perfect. However, if I use win32 console projects, their is no symbol being searched at all .....

can anyone give a hint to that please.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 07 2006 : 12:55:25 PM
are you talking about global variables or local variables? local variables should not appear in this list.

the best way to filter is to simply type part of the function name you want, and the list will shrink to only show matching items.
cat_mouse_uk Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 6:04:51 PM
Hello...
Thank you for the useful information.
There is no class in the file.
I can now filter the methods but how about the variables' names? Is there any way to filter them out?
Thanks.
feline Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 12:14:19 PM
are there any classes in this single file?
i am guessing there are none.

if you want to search in the current file only use alt-m to open the list of function names. you can type to filter this list, to select just the item you want to jump to.

you may want to look into the latest version of VA, currently 1535, it has quite a number of changes and improvements since 1293, but you will need a new license key.
cat_mouse_uk Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 10:29:52 AM
Search "resetImageROI", there is no search result shown. see here:

cat_mouse_uk Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 10:21:35 AM
Hi, thank you for quick reply!
I am looking at the Find Symbol In Workspace (FSIW) dialog. I made a new console project using VS.NET C++ wizard, copy my .cpp file and it compiles and runs well , then if I try to search any method name in this .cpp file, there is no search result shown!(there is no class in this project, it is only a simple one-file-program.)
I open other MFC projects with classes, the Symbol Search works fine.
I am using vs.net 2003 and VAv10.1.1293.
Thanks again.

feline Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 09:59:56 AM
sometimes it can take me a couple of days to catch up with new posts. time zones often have a big effect.

which IDE and version of VA are you using?
what exactly are you doing?
are you using the VA feature "Find References"?
or are you looking at the Find Symbol In Workspace (FSIW) dialog?

if it works in an MFC project then it should work in a win32 console project. i do a lot of testing in win32 console projects, for speed, and everything works for me.
cat_mouse_uk Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 09:54:22 AM
Can anyone look at this issue please?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000