Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1538: Rename - old symbol remains in database

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
d_p_robinson Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 09:27:44 AM
Tested on VC6 and VC8.
When a member function is renamed the suggestion list proposes the old name as well as the new.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 3:35:02 PM
D'oh. Terminology is tough. We assumed you meant a "suggestion list" - the ones that appear with question mark icons while you're typing.

The lists that appears after a dot are different.
feline Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 1:33:26 PM
using VC6 and VA 1538 I am having to wait about 15 seconds, even with an idle CPU, before the old name is forgotten.
in contrast waiting 5 seconds is enough in VS2005

if you wait for 15 seconds, or a bit longer, does your VC6 catch up?

for me adding the VA "Reparse Current File" button to the VC6 toolbar and then using it after the rename causes VA to catch up immediately.

you should not have to reload the workspace for VA to catch up.

I have put in a case for this overly long delay in VC6

case=2910
d_p_robinson Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 11:53:43 AM
I'm afraid not (on VC6). I do the rename, backspace over the '.' that triggered the drop-down, pause 5 seconds and retype the '.'. The old name is still in the list. I've also tried saving all open files and this has no effect either.
Closing and reopening the workspace has the desired effect.
support Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 11:40:57 AM
From our testing, VA X forgets the old name the next time there is a slight pause in typing.

We rename and immediately type the first letter of the old name - VA X suggests the old name as you describe. We backspace and pause for a second or two - VA X forgets the old name.

Is this what you see?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000