Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Parse the header file without the extension

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
t0316kcw Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 12:14:14 PM
Hi,
Suppose my header files have no extension, how to make the VAX regonise them?

Regards,

t0316kcw
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 12:47:07 PM
Thank you for the tip, I have added it to our FAQ

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W139
UrbanLegend Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 10:12:57 AM
you can also tell studio about your the stupid extentionless headers

By setting the following reg key, the Names in "" are the names of the headers with out extentions,

( this is for VS 2005, for 2003 change to 7.0)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\Languages\\Extensionless Files\\{B2F072B0-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}]

"AccelOperator"=""

"AlphaFunc"=""

"AngularAccelOperator"=""

"AnimationPath"=""

"AnimationPathManipulator"=""

"AnisotropicLighting"=""

"ApplicationUsage"=""

"Archive"=""
wstanley Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 12:26:35 AM
Yes, I think it is a bit early for VS2007. Just a typo, I meant VS2005.
jpizzi Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 12:24:35 AM
quote:
Using VS2007 and VA 1539

Wow! Does Microsoft have ANOTHER version out???

I guess you really mean VS2005??
wstanley Posted - Nov 26 2006 : 8:57:30 PM
Using VS2007 and VA 1539 I get the behaviour you describe (I still had the IDE open with I changed the registry value). I was associating the reset with clicking on Rebuild because I was only changing the value so that the rebuild would use it, and initially I was doing this before clicking Rebuild.

Not having actually used VC++ without VA, I had associated the syntax highlighting with VA, but this is now rather obviously not the case.
feline Posted - Nov 10 2006 : 09:55:10 AM
Did you set this registry key while one or more IDE's were open? If so you need to set it while all of the IDE's are closed, to avoid VA writing back to the registry on exit, and overwriting any changes you made.

I have just tested this using VS2003 and VA 1540 and rebuild symbol databases is not effecting this setting at all for me.

I am not sure about the syntax highlighting. Even with VA totally disabled VS2003 its self applies syntax highlighting to:

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\include\\map

but not to my test header with no extension.
wstanley Posted - Nov 09 2006 : 9:56:05 PM
I have got this to work, but there is a bit of a gotcha in it. Using Rebuild Symbol databases clears the ExtensionlessFileIsHeader setting, so I only got it to work after setting the value after initiating the rebuild. Syntax highlight does not work on extensionless header files though...
support Posted - Oct 12 2006 : 7:32:50 PM
With build 1539, create a binary value named ExtensionlessFileIsHeader entry in

HKCU\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\[VANet|VANet7.0|VANet8]\
and set to 01 to make VA X parse extensionless files as headers.
sean Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 1:32:48 PM
Unfortunately, you can't change any registry settings to make this work. VA has a hack to deal with stl, boost and the IDE extensionless files. If you're able to change the directory structure or location of your project you can make VA identify your extensionless files as C/C++ header files. If a file has no extension and is located in a directory which has any parent dir whose name includes "include", "stl" or "boost" then VA will treat it as a header.

So for example, if you put your project in c:\\HackForVaInclude\\... then extensionless files under that dir will be treated as a header. lame, I know.

Added request for option to treat extensionless files as headers regardless of location (case=2909).
t0316kcw Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 12:19:36 PM
BTW,I tried
Create key with space or just a dot'.' in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\Languages\\File Extensions\set default value to same as .h key --> {B2F072B0-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}

and modified value ExtHeader at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VANet8
to --> with 'space;' or '.;'

but none of them are working.

t0316kcw

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000