Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1539: completion list errors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Oct 14 2006 : 6:46:15 PM
VAX really is driving me nuts with its slow response when typing fast.

There are two problems coming up when you type fast and use completions:
1) VAX overwrites codeparts unrelated to the current word
2) VAX presentes items which are unrelated.

1) When fast tying VAX seems to loose context and comes up with whatever suggestion, mostly unrelated. Typing Ctrl+Space brings up a completion list, selecting an item will overwrite sometimes even the word before the current.
e.g. somevar = new some|
here it comes up with suggesting things starting with 'e', Ctrl+space brings up something more plausible, selecting SomeClass for example will then overwrite the whole "new some" part.
Same happens often with class members: varDoWorkEventArgs.Re|, first showing suggestions with 'e', ctrl+space shows then the members, selecting "Result" overwrites the whole varDoWorkEventArgs.Re part.

2) I have the habit of relying on completion when I know that there is no "choice" to be made. For example: I type quickly Sy[Enter].Di[Enter].De[Enter] to end up (when it works) with System.Diagnostics.Debug

But... VAX now introduded a new random factor: when it has to load the information of the completion list, it swallows the chars already typed and shows items starting with the LAST char typed. In the above example it does not come up with .Debug but with .EntryWrittenEventArgs since it forgot the D and saw only the e.
This is happening pretty frequent with anything that VAX seems not to have in memory and makes it a torture to use completion this way.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Oct 17 2006 : 12:07:30 PM
case=3050
Uniwares Posted - Oct 16 2006 : 3:14:39 PM
I havent seen that happen before 1539 (1538 maybe, not sure, but rather not).
feline Posted - Oct 16 2006 : 2:27:03 PM
Does this seem to be a new problem in recent builds?

I have asked the developers for any ideas on this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000