Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1539: Problem with tooltips + documentation

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tadeu Posted - Oct 17 2006 : 09:51:40 AM
In VS 2005, C++ Code, the tooltip is not appearing when I hover over classes or methods.

When I check VS Options / Text Editor / C/C++ / Formatting / Enable automatic Quick Info tooltips, there appears a tooltip but it is very basic and also do not show the code documentation.

If I uncheck it, the only thing that appears is a "down arrow" with a "refactoring" menu.

Note that VA X Options / Text Editor / C/C++ / Display comments from source files when available is checked, Parse all files when opening a project is checked, and Get content from Intellisense in unchecked.

The tooltip used to work on VS 2003 and it was very nice, showing the documentation for the class, function or parameter.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 17 2007 : 4:04:18 PM
Case 1084 is fixed in build 1549. For VS2005, requires enabling of Quick Info Tooltips in Advanced|General.
rhummer Posted - Oct 17 2006 : 10:07:36 AM
case=1084

VA does not display hover tooltips in vs2005 therefore the "show comments in tooltips" feature doesn't work

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000