Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1539: Auto-select in suggestion listbox

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Esone Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 08:21:58 AM
Dear VAX Team!

I have two major problems with the VAX 1539.

[THIS PROBLEM IS RESOLVED BY MEANS OF VS IDE MACROS]
1) Problem with Alt+M list.
--------------------------------------
I have keyboard shortcut that maps "Esc" button to Build.Compile.
When I select some function from Alt+M list, and press Enter, the source code is navigated to this function's location, and the source file gets compiled. As if going to this function generates "Esc" keystroke. I guess, this wasn't a problem before VAX 1535, and now it's very annoying. Please, remove this "Esc" invokation.

[THIS PROBLEM IS RESOLVED BY MEANS OF WINDOWS REGISTRY]
2) Auto-select in suggestion listbox.
--------------------------------------
Say, I need to type:

int const& a;

I have an autotext shortcut that maps 'cr' to "const&".
Then I type "int cr", the autotext suggestion list box appears and suggests me "const&". But I can't just press Enter to select the suggested value, but have to do: Down + Enter. This is my problem.

I know that present behaviour is intentional. But I beg you to make an option(checkbox), that would allow me to redefine default behaviour and have suggestions auto-selected, while defining the symbol.

Thank you!
Sergey
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DocBrownX Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 8:14:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sean

The value should be written out once you exit the IDE after installing 1538+. Then you should be able to find it.

Right on. Thanks for the help!
sean Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 5:48:33 PM
The value should be written out once you exit the IDE after installing 1538+. Then you should be able to find it.
rhummer Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 5:43:49 PM
You have to add the key if it does not exists, and replace VANet8 with VANet7
DocBrownX Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 5:25:38 PM
For problem #2 mentioned in the first post, I have looked at the registry and cannot find that key.

VAX 1539
VS 7

I checked all of the keys under WholeTomato (including VANet and VANet7.0) and cannot find it. Is there something I'm missing?
Esone Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 10:59:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

for problem 1, how do you Escape things you do not want? Two obvious examples are getting rid of unwanted suggestions and closing the alt-m list.
You mean how do I live without conventional Esc? No problem here: for those rare cases, like that one you described, I have assigned Ctrl+Home to Edit.SelectionCancel.

Fortunately, I resolved the issue with Esc virtual keystroke via macros: when pressed Alt+M, I set global flag that I am in methods list, and when pressed Esc, before going to Build.Compile I check if this flag is cleared.

quote:
Originally posted by feline
for problem 2, set the registry key:
HKCU \\ Software \\ Whole Tomato \\ Visual Assist X \\ VANet8 \\ SuggestionSelect = 2

Replacing VANet8 with the correct string for the IDE. When this is 1 you get the default behaviour where suggestions are only selected some of the time. When this is set to 2 then suggestions are always selected.

Beatiful solution! I could not imagine this will be resolved so easy.

Thank you!
feline Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 10:25:29 AM
for problem 1, how do you Escape things you do not want? Two obvious examples are getting rid of unwanted suggestions and closing the alt-m list.

for problem 2, set the registry key:
HKCU \\ Software \\ Whole Tomato \\ Visual Assist X \\ VANet8 \\ SuggestionSelect = 2

Replacing VANet8 with the correct string for the IDE. When this is 1 you get the default behaviour where suggestions are only selected some of the time. When this is set to 2 then suggestions are always selected.
Esone Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 08:47:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Uniwares
There will always be someone who shaves with a lawnmower...

Appreciate your humor. :)
Uniwares Posted - Oct 18 2006 : 08:31:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Esone

I have keyboard shortcut that maps "Esc" button to Build.Compile.

There will always be someone who shaves with a lawnmower...

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000