Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 installing on both VS 2003 and VS 2005

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bcreane Posted - Oct 25 2006 : 5:21:56 PM
Hello all, a quick question regarding installation: after installation, I've only got the VA X menu in VS 2003; how can I also install VA X in VS 2005? Apologies if I've missed a similar topic in the forums -- no luck finding anything relevent.

I did try running VS 8's
devenv.exe /setup

though this didn't seem to help.
thanks for your help,
bcreane
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 26 2006 : 2:56:57 PM
It is very unlikely 1246 can be made to work with VS2005.

If you have not installed a more recent version on a trial licence on your current machine check out 1539 as a 30 day trial, it includes C++ refactoring If you have previously tried a newer version be aware you will only get a 3 day trial before having to roll back to your current version.
bcreane Posted - Oct 25 2006 : 7:35:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Which version of VA have you installed? The earlier versions of VA did not support VA2005, but you would have to be using something like 1301 for this to be a problem.

We're using version 1246, so I guess this is indeed a problem. Anecdotally other engineers are using this old version with VS 2005 -- they just haven't installed 2003 at the same time. We'll see if we can update our site license ... its a great product and well worth supporting.

thanks, brendan
feline Posted - Oct 25 2006 : 5:46:00 PM
Which version of VA have you installed? The earlier versions of VA did not support VA2005, but you would have to be using something like 1301 for this to be a problem.

Certainly the current release (1535) and beta versions (1539) both support VS2005.

VS2005 Express is not supported, this is a design decision by Microsoft, no complex addin's are supported in the express versions of the IDE.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000