Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Please please please

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
diarrhio Posted - Oct 26 2006 : 1:46:30 PM
Please! Have mercy on me!

Please bring back the feature where the first item in the auto-complete/suggestion list box is selected! This has seriously hampered my workflow and killed 1/2 the reason I love VAX in the first place.

VAX has greatly increased my productivity because I usually only have to type 1-3 characters for any identifier/keyword/etc, then hit Enter because the only item/first item in the suggestion list was selected. This is FAST. Now, I have to move my hand from it's normal position on the keyboard to get it to the Down Arrow key, then hit Enter. This is a major killer of my workflow (and I'd imagine a lot of other people's too). I might as well move my hand to the mouse! Ok, I'm exaggerating, but this seriously sucks for me.

Can we at least make this an option? Pretty please?

D

p.s. please disregard the newb-ish tone of this message. I'm just really annoyed after unsuccessfully trying to get used to this new "feature" this past week.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RobertP Posted - Nov 03 2006 : 06:50:01 AM
Please ignore my previous - ok once I loaded latest version of VA (1540)
RobertP Posted - Nov 03 2006 : 06:26:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by support

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W350

This doesn't seem to work for me in VA6. I've tried all combination of data types in registry to no avail. What should the setting be - binary, dword or string?

support Posted - Oct 28 2006 : 9:11:06 PM
You can remove the errant entry in the registry. It's a remnant from a previous beta build.
Uniwares Posted - Oct 28 2006 : 8:51:56 PM
While looking for this really awesome and helpful setting, I came along THAT:

diarrhio Posted - Oct 26 2006 : 6:30:52 PM
Awesome. Thanks!
support Posted - Oct 26 2006 : 2:44:21 PM
http://docs.wholetomato.com?W350

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000