Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Intelisense problems in .aspx files.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JefferyS Posted - Nov 02 2006 : 12:23:01 PM
Hello, I'm using vs2005 with 1539 version of Visual Assist X.
I code in C# and I am having problems that at some point when switching between .cs and .aspx files I get the following problem.

In only the .aspx and I think some other non .cs files when I type the listbox will show the available selections and the next letter I type which is the first letter in the one of the listbox items the list box closes and all I am left with is the single letter I typed. I hope that make sense, I'm not very good at explaining things like this.

As an example in a .aspx page I will type <asp:TextBox then press space bar and the list pops up showing items like ID and runat etc... the next letter I type: I for ID the list box will close and I am left with I. I have this also happen in .css files.

If I turn off Visual Assist everything starts working again.

In one of the last couple versions I have read that a bug was fixed that sounded like this same problem. I thought this problem went away, maybe in 1535 but I don't remember.

I can go for hours with no problems and then bam.

Thanks,

JefferyS
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JefferyS Posted - Dec 06 2006 : 12:42:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Fixed is good news, I like fixed.
Any clues would be most welcome, intermittent problems tend to be tricky to pin down and fix.

Sorry I'm so late getting back to this. Have been real busy. I still have the problem.

I turned on the log when I started having the problem and tried to select something in the list box several times, but couldn't because it disappeared each time.

On a side note, after I check enable logging and exit the options screen, when I go back into options the check box is unchecked. Is it supposed to do that?

If you think the log still might be useful even though I turned it on when having the problem, just let me know how to send it to you.

Other wise I will try and remember to turn the log on after I start VS to see if I can catch the problem again.

Thanks,

JefferyS
feline Posted - Nov 21 2006 : 3:04:40 PM
Fixed is good news, I like fixed.
Any clues would be most welcome, intermittent problems tend to be tricky to pin down and fix.
jhorvath Posted - Nov 21 2006 : 09:54:02 AM
Drat. I just started up VS2005 to see if it made a difference between .aspx and .ascx files, and lo and behold it works fine in both. I haven't made any changes to VS settings - just a clean reboot and I only have VS2005, Outlook, and IE7 running (I normally have a lot more running). I'll see if there is anything else I notice about what might set it off.
jhorvath Posted - Nov 21 2006 : 09:40:30 AM
FYI, disabling and re-enabling Visual Assist didn't fix it.

Feline: the problem is constant, in every .aspx file I edit. I type a '<' for an opening tag and the class list appears, but as soon as I type a letter for the class I wan, the list disappears. If I type '<' and scroll down though the class list, I can pick the class I want that way.

The class list still works fine if I switch over to a .cs file.
feline Posted - Nov 20 2006 : 3:44:21 PM
How often do either of you have this problem?

JefferyS there was a bit of a delay on getting the screen shot, were you doing a lot of editing of ASPX files in that time, or were you doing other things?

A log file may be helpful, but if it is going to take 3 weeks to reproduce the problem then this is going to give us a rather large log file.
jhorvath Posted - Nov 20 2006 : 1:52:29 PM
I am having this exact same problem JefferyS, and your explanation of it the problem is pretty good. I had the problem in 1539 and still in 1540. I'm about to try disabling Visual Assist, and re-enabling it to see if that helps.

JefferyS Posted - Nov 17 2006 : 2:05:22 PM
If I disable Visual Assist I am able to type a letter and have that line selected in the listbox. I can enable Visual Assist (when I'm back to editing .cs files) and things still work correctly in the .aspx files. I guess it needs a reset to clear what ever went wrong.

Thanks,

JefferyS
feline Posted - Nov 17 2006 : 1:30:40 PM
The screen shot:

You say: "If I turn off Visual Assist everything starts working again."
Do you mean the listboxes do not appear, or they appear and you can select from them by typing? I am not really familiar with .aspx files.
feline Posted - Nov 02 2006 : 3:18:26 PM
Please use this form: http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp
f you send us the screen shot. If you reference this thread we can post it here.
support Posted - Nov 02 2006 : 2:47:13 PM
We're not sure the problem is with the IDE or VA X.

If the problem occurs, can you backup and make it recur?

If you hover over the listbox in question, do you get a filtering toolbar at the bottom? (If so, the listbox, not the content, is from VA X.)

Can you host or send us a small screenshot of the listbox? (Use PNG or GIF only.)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000