Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 No "Find References" window

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Palmin Posted - Nov 04 2006 : 07:39:04 AM
Hello,

I am a little bit confused about the "Find References" function. When I use it on a symbol, nothing much seems to happen. I can not find any sign of a "VA Find References Results" window as shown in the documentation.

This is with Visual Studio .NET, German version, and VA 10.3.1540.0

Am I missing something? Thanks for any help
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Palmin Posted - Nov 04 2006 : 4:19:05 PM
OK, I am not sure what I did wrong the first time, but I now re-installed 1540, and I have the toolbar button and the Find References Results pop up.

Thanks again!
feline Posted - Nov 04 2006 : 2:10:43 PM
You should have Find References Results in the menu, and I can see what rhummer was getting at. It is as if you installed an earlier version of VA on this machine, that did not have this menu option, and have not reset the IDE since.

In IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Keyboard do you have the command VAssistX.RefactorContextMenu? This was introduced in VA 1540, and required a reset of the IDE to make it available. If that is missing it indicates a possible problem with the IDE reset or install.

Can you try re-downloading 1540 from here:
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5543

And reinstalling, saying Yes to reset the IDE when asked.
Palmin Posted - Nov 04 2006 : 1:41:36 PM
This is the first 15xx build I have installed, and I have said Yes to the question about resetting the toolbar/menu states.

This left the IncrediBuild toolbar in a strange state, but I could resurrect it.
rhummer Posted - Nov 04 2006 : 1:28:08 PM
Did you use any previous 15xx build? Or is this the first time you installed a 15xx build?

When you installed this build or the first 15xx build, did you say yes to resetting the IDE toolbar/menu states?
Palmin Posted - Nov 04 2006 : 1:15:26 PM
Hello Feline,
thanks for the quick reply!

quote:
Originally posted by feline
Rename uses Find References to produce this list, so if this works we know that Find References its self is actually working.

This works

quote:

Does VAssistX -> Tools -> Find References Results do anything? If you are using VS2003 you should see a new tab appear, normally at the bottom, next to the output tab.

This is the first strange thing: I don't have this menu entry, the Tools menu only contains VA View, Spellcheck, Sort Selected Lines and Reparse Current File.

quote:

If this does not work can you try:
IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> General -> Reset Window Layout button

This did reset the window layout, but nothing else changed (i.e. no Find References panel.)

quote:

Do you have any other plugin's installed?

Yes, AnkhSVN, IncrediBuild, Kings Tools, Project Line Counter, StartQtVSIP and Visual Assist X

quote:

Can you make VAView appear?

Yes, VA View always worked fine.

Thanks for any help
feline Posted - Nov 04 2006 : 11:23:16 AM
Can you try running rename on a symbol? You should get the rename dialog, which will have a list of references in the bottom section. See the screen shots here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/rename.asp

Rename uses Find References to produce this list, so if this works we know that Find References its self is actually working.

Does VAssistX -> Tools -> Find References Results do anything? If you are using VS2003 you should see a new tab appear, normally at the bottom, next to the output tab.

If this does not work can you try:
IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> General -> Reset Window Layout button

Do you have any other plugin's installed?
Can you make VAView appear?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000