Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Intellisense bogus for std::vector

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiberius Posted - Nov 07 2006 : 2:00:32 PM
I recently upgraded for the first time (1445->1539). I immediately found that the intellisense for std::vector does not work. For example, starting to type "push_back" results in "push_heap" being the only option in the list. Typing "begin" only gives "binary_negate" and "end" gives "endl".

I have seen the posts suggesting that some intellisense issues can be fixed by enabling the option to get information from the default intellisense; however, it looks like that will likely cause me more trouble than good. I have always been very happy with the VAX intellisense in the past.

I have verified that this is still an issue in 1540. If I can not address this, I guess I will have to uninstall and return to the 1445...
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 24 2006 : 08:55:57 AM
If you don't want to wait for the official announcement

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/VA_X_Setup1541.exe
Tiberius Posted - Nov 21 2006 : 4:31:56 PM
I will keep my eyes open for the beta release.

On a side note, I forgot to mention that I am using VS2005.
feline Posted - Nov 21 2006 : 4:13:33 PM
A new build of VA should be going up as a beta version in the next couple of days in our announcements section. It is probably worth trying when it goes up to see if it works any better for you.

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18
Tiberius Posted - Nov 21 2006 : 1:13:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

using VS2003 and VA 1540 I have just added the following code to a test project:

std::vector<int> vecInt;
vecInt.|

I have:
VA Options -> Text Editor -> listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

turned off, and "push_back", "begin" and "end" are all in the completion listbox. Are you seeing a completion listbox (appears with CTRL-SPACE) or a suggestion listbox (question mark icons)?

Do you have any other addin's installed?
I agree with rhummer, rebuilding the symbol database is worth a try.

In your code are you using std::vector or just vector? I am wondering if somehow VA is confused over the type, but if so, what type does it think you are using?

I am definitely seeing an auto complete listbox (Ctrl+Space). I do not have any other add-ins installed. I use std::vector everywhere that I use it.

For the time being, I have rolled back to 1446. It does not have this problem.

Thanks for your help!
Tiberius Posted - Nov 21 2006 : 12:54:02 PM
For some reason, these replies did not generate an email notice, so I thought nobody had replied... I apologize for my own delayed response.

quote:
Originally posted by rhummer

Have you tried doing a Clear and Rebuild of the symbol database? I would recommend that first before you try and rollback version.

You can find those options in the Performance Node of the Options window.

Yes, I actually tried this twice prior to posting. It made no difference.
feline Posted - Nov 07 2006 : 3:07:21 PM
using VS2003 and VA 1540 I have just added the following code to a test project:

std::vector<int> vecInt;
vecInt.|

I have:
VA Options -> Text Editor -> listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

turned off, and "push_back", "begin" and "end" are all in the completion listbox. Are you seeing a completion listbox (appears with CTRL-SPACE) or a suggestion listbox (question mark icons)?

Do you have any other addin's installed?
I agree with rhummer, rebuilding the symbol database is worth a try.

In your code are you using std::vector or just vector? I am wondering if somehow VA is confused over the type, but if so, what type does it think you are using?
rhummer Posted - Nov 07 2006 : 2:16:41 PM
Have you tried doing a Clear and Rebuild of the symbol database? I would recommend that first before you try and rollback version.

You can find those options in the Performance Node of the Options window.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000