Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Can't find wstring members

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sjaffe Posted - Nov 15 2006 : 5:58:17 PM
VAX 1540 in eVC 4.0: If I type:

string xyz;
xyz.

I'll get a list of the members of string (the STL string class). However, if I type:

wstring xyz;
xyz.

I get nothing. VAX seems to know about both string and wstring as it suggests these completions, but it doesn't seem to know about wstring members. I did a little investigating and I found a file in the VAX directory Misc called StdAfx.h. It has an entry for string with a note about being for VC6 (similar to eVC). Just for fun I added a similar line for wstring, but this didn't seem to fix it. I found something similar (case=1333) citing that string didn't work and that it was fixed in 1525. Do you need to do the same thing for wstring? Was I on the right track modifying the Misc/StdAfx.h file?

Thanks, Stan
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 16 2006 : 11:37:37 AM
Using VA 1540, the top of my StdAfx.h file contains the following statements, inside the comment block:

//Stdafx.h and stdafxva.h are overwritten during [re]installation of Visual
//Assist. If you wish to change these files, make a backup of your changes.
//Restore your changes after each installation. Make your changes prior to
//start of MSDev.
//
//If you wish to change stdafx.h or stdafxva.h after start of MSDev, ie after
//Visual Assist has done some parsing, press Rebuild on the Performance tab
//and restart MSDev.
sjaffe Posted - Nov 15 2006 : 6:07:34 PM
Ok, I figured out the missing piece: after modifying misc/stdafx.h I still needed to tell VAX to rebuild its symbol datatabase. After that it is now able to find the members of wstring. Could you add this line into misc/stdafx.h for future versions?

Thanks,Stan

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000