Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 References highlight bug

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
accord Posted - Nov 16 2006 : 06:15:35 AM
A small bug: if I use find references for a member variable and then pressing F8 several times to jump to references then in some page references will not highlighted, but if I scrolling out the page, and then back, the references will be highlighted.

VAX 1540, WinXP, VS2003
I am using "VA Find References Results" as a docked window.

(Maybe sometimes VAX highlighting references too early BEFORE VS completelly refreshes the editor window? Maybe a small delay before highlighting could help?)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 09:30:22 AM
case=3672 is fixed in build 1721
feline Posted - Apr 28 2008 : 10:03:02 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Interestingly I see the same problem, when changing files, in VA 1626:

case=3672

It is good to know that this is much more reliable while working in a single file
accord Posted - Apr 26 2008 : 6:14:51 PM
It is ultra stable if I stepping through references in the same file.
But when the jump switches to an another file, it sometimes does not works.

Easy to reproduce: if you have a file where you have more than one references in the same page and you switch to it by F8, the highlight won't work always.

Some pages will always work, but most of them will not.
support Posted - Apr 24 2008 : 12:24:47 AM
case=3672 is fixed in build 1635
feline Posted - Mar 29 2007 : 12:12:31 PM
No progress to report yet, so I have bumped the priority on this for you. Based on a simple test here 1549 does seem worse at this than 1544 when using F8.

Personally I have assigned a keyboard shortcut to opening Find References Results, and moving through the list like this does not seem to upset the highlighting quite so much.
accord Posted - Mar 29 2007 : 11:01:40 AM
Is it any progress on this?

This case got worse in last one or two build (around 1548-1549), and it is very annoying.
Highlights "randomly" disappearing-appearing while I am stepping trought the references by pressing F8.

Find references is a very good feature, hope you can fix this case sooner or later
feline Posted - Nov 16 2006 : 12:53:30 PM
It took a bit of fiddling, but I found a reproducible test case. Interestingly for me when this happens one of the visible references is highlighted, one is selected, and two are not highlighted.

case=3672

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000