Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 please focus on stability and reliability first

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rogojin Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 07:31:39 AM
There must be lots of these messages. I'm writing to increase their weight. PLEASE focus on stability. Often enough I have it that my intellisense just doesn't work for a particular class or file or whatever. It goes and comes back randomly. Most of the time (I'd guess 98% or better) it's fine, but those hours when it's not available are very frustrating. Please, developers, before you work more on refactoring and all that cool stuff, please focus on making your thing 100% rock solid. I feel it's already more solid than the builtin VS intellisense, but it could be quite a bit better. I don't mind if you want to make the download larger so that you can run heavy diagnostic/feedback code on my machine (but only when I choose to run the tomato in that mode).

Thanks,
Ben Harper
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 12:12:59 PM
The first reply is that we do, as you will see by looking at the history list, most of what happens is fixing bugs

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.asp

Can you put some context on this problem with random intellisense? Off hand I do not recognise this description, which suggests this is not a common problem.

which IDE and version of VA are you using?
If you are editing a class, CFoo, adding and removing members very rapidly then it makes sense that VA is not always completely up to date. Similarly if you are editing the class and it does not compile, due to mismatched brackets then this can stop VA working well on the code, since the parser gets upset.

However both problems should be rare, fairly well defined, and if the code you are editing is invalid you should also get a lot of items being underlined as mistyped symbols, which is a clue that something is going wrong.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000