Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1540: parser blocks

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Nov 27 2006 : 6:53:35 PM
Occasionally I am seeing that VAX is importing some .NET symbols (interesstingly most often the StreamReader) which takes ages to complete (5-10 seconds). During this time most completion functions of VAX in the IDE are unavailable. This applies not only to symbols (which would be understandable) but also to all brackets and selection related improvements (and that is really annoying).

What I dont understand is actually why does VAX have to import the .NET BCL over and over again? Even when there was no change in #using's.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Dec 01 2006 : 11:28:40 AM
Uniwares: We appreciate your offer. We disabled the support alias primarily to force all support issues into our tracking software.

And we don't host our own mail server. (We're already busy enough.)
feline Posted - Nov 30 2006 : 7:39:30 PM
An interesting idea I will pass this on to Support, thank you.
Uniwares Posted - Nov 30 2006 : 7:14:22 PM
ok, will do.

About that spam problem... maybe i can be of help with that? Given that you run your own mailserver we can do something here.
feline Posted - Nov 30 2006 : 12:38:24 PM
Can you try enabling logging please, and produce some log files that show this effect in action? If so can you submit them via this form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

referencing this thread in the description, so we can match it up. The support email address has now been discontinued, due to the vast amount of spam it receives.
Uniwares Posted - Nov 29 2006 : 11:15:23 AM
No, it is "VA X: importing StreamReader" almost always.
support Posted - Nov 29 2006 : 10:02:54 AM
Does the parsing message begin with "VA X" or might it be a message from default Intellisense?
feline Posted - Nov 28 2006 : 6:01:01 PM
I have put in an enquiry to see if anyone has any ideas on this one. To be honest I have no idea what might be causing this.

case=3827
Uniwares Posted - Nov 28 2006 : 3:19:04 PM
Hmm, about once or twice an hour? I have keep symbols in memory now disabled, so that might be a reason, as I am switching quite often between IDEs and other apps.
feline Posted - Nov 28 2006 : 2:48:17 PM
This happens after the IDE has been running for a while? I know it happens when you rebuild the database, but that should just happen occasionally when you load the IDE.

Do you have any sense of how often this happens? Twice a day? Once a week? once a month?
I know VA is supposed to rescan the stable include directories every now and then, so if this is quite rare it could be connected.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000