Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX does not find the correct method...

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alexG Posted - Dec 07 2006 : 2:17:54 PM
Hi,

here's the problem :

My Net2003 solution has of a few projects in it.

When I'm editing the file MainFrm.cpp in app1 and I search a method called 'StartApp' by using the combobox at the top of the document,
VAX finds the method 'StartApp' in app2 and opens the file MainFrm.cpp of app2.

App1 is selected as the 'Startup Project' in Net2003...

Best regards
Alex
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 12 2006 : 3:21:39 PM
This may offer some helpful information:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/context.asp
http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/definition.asp
alexG Posted - Dec 12 2006 : 12:02:26 PM
Ok. That's painful. Time to use my Cilice for a few hours :)
rhummer Posted - Dec 12 2006 : 11:11:01 AM
That combo box you selected is from the IDE not VA X. That one provided by the IDE almost never works for me. The VA X one above that works much better IMO.
alexG Posted - Dec 12 2006 : 10:21:01 AM
Here's the screenshot :

sean Posted - Dec 11 2006 : 9:20:10 PM
It seems like alexG and feline may not be talking about the same thing. I'm not sure what combobox is in question.

alexG: Can you post a screenshot showing what combobox you are talking about?
feline Posted - Dec 11 2006 : 1:34:12 PM
One problem at a time.

If you click into the context or definition fields then focus is placed into this field. You now need to click back into the editor to get focus back there again.

If you click on the down arrow next to the definition field then focus goes to the list that appears.
Clicking into the editor closes the list, but leaves focus in the definition field, this should be fairly obvious since the content should be highlighted. So it will take two mouse clicks to get focus back into the editor.

the keyboard shortcut alt-g offers the same functionality as this pull down list, and may be more useful for you since it does not remove focus from the editor.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/goto.asp

I am still trying to work out what your code looks like, and not getting very far.
alexG Posted - Dec 11 2006 : 1:11:46 PM
Hi,
I have removed the second project and added it to the solution again.
VA can find the StartApp in the first project, but when I set the 2nd project as active and open the MainFrm.cpp, selecting 'StartApp' in the upper right combobox has no effect at all. In addition to that, it starts eating my MOUSEWHEEL events and prevents the VStudio from scrolling down the source... :(
After a focus change ( I click into a different window ), I get the scrolling back.
feline Posted - Dec 11 2006 : 12:40:29 PM
In this particular case is this method defined in the current file or class?

Normally alt-g (the go to method) is very reliable and useful.
alexG Posted - Dec 11 2006 : 03:49:03 AM
Hi,

I would expect that VA starts searching for methods which are declared in the current file / current class / current active project first, and then iterates trough the list of projects in the solution...

Regards
Alex
feline Posted - Dec 08 2006 : 1:13:58 PM
In this case what are you expecting to happen?

VA does not know if a function defined in project 2 is available to project 1 or not, so it offers you the choice of jumping to it.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000