Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Solution Explorer and vista

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WalderMort Posted - Dec 08 2006 : 05:08:28 AM
First I am not sure if this problem relates directly to VA, but things seemed to be fine before I installed it.

I am using VS2005 with SP1 on vista RTM. Within VS the 'solution explorer' window ( and only this window ) is not being painted correctly. It appears as if the treeview is being painted over with white rectangles.

I have had this problem with vista RC1 and RC2, with and without VS SP1. Changing the install directories and permissions has no effect. The problem remains even after uninstalling VA, but like I said the problem was not there until after installing.

Does VA make any modifications to the 'solution explorer'?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 11 2006 : 10:05:06 AM
You might want to try stopping VA from loading, as explained here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W306

and see if that makes any difference. if it does not have any effect this would suggest it is something else, like the video drivers.
WalderMort Posted - Dec 08 2006 : 2:58:35 PM
I'm affraid the screen shot will have to wait. I have recently installed vista and it appears my fav graphics utility isn't compatible.

After reading the other RTM thread, I started to play with the settings. I have discovered that while using aero there is no problem. With the other settings, namely "windows vista basic", the problem persists. As I mentioned, it may not be a VAX problem, it could be due to my beta graphics driver ( first time ATI has annoyed me ).
feline Posted - Dec 08 2006 : 2:34:01 PM
Can you post a small screen shot showing this effect in action? I am not seeing any problems here.

Any drawing or screen update problems I have seen VA cause go away when VA has been uninstalled. It could be caused by something VA has done, but off hand I am not sure what or why.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000