Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 macro recording

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eco Posted - Dec 13 2006 : 02:58:58 AM
Visual 2005 / VA 1541

VA is still active when recording macros (shift+ctrl+r), well done. but when I play macros (shift+ctrl+p) VA is no more active.

ie. If I type '{' when recording, VA automaticly insert a '}' but when playing only '{' is inserted and it's not what I want.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 14 2006 : 10:28:16 AM
If you have any brilliant ideas I can pass them on. I like the idea of macro's myself, but keyboard macro's rely on very deterministic behaviour, something that VA gets in the way of.
eco Posted - Dec 14 2006 : 02:56:28 AM
bad news
feline Posted - Dec 13 2006 : 08:25:40 AM
VA and IDE macro's is a problem area. There is an outstanding case saying that VA should be disabled when recording macros, due to some of the odd interaction effects.

For example if the macro you are playing back triggers a suggestion listbox some of the time, but not all of the time, you are going to get inconsistent behaviour if there is anything in the macro that will accept the suggestion.

Auto inserting of brackets is another area where you can get different effects each time you replay the macro.

Personally I like the idea of keyboard macro's, but so far I do not see a good solution to this problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000