Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 List box vanishes after typing one letter in aspx

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JefferyS Posted - Dec 13 2006 : 1:27:10 PM
I have the latest version 1541. This is happening all the time now, at least in this one project. When editing .aspx files listbox goes away after typing a single character.

Example: I type '<' with out quotes and the listbox pops up. The next letter I type will make the listbox close.

I have a log file if anyone is interested in looking at it.

Also, was wrong in a previous post about disabling then enabling visual assist makes the problem go away.

If I disable visual assist through the menu it will make the problem go away. When I enable visual assist the problem comes back.

Let me know,

JefferyS
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 19 2006 : 3:21:13 PM
This is something of a wild guess, but is it possible these lists work correctly when you first load the IDE, but that something you do during development of these - presumably fairly large / complex - files causes them to stop working?

This might explain the pattern of behaviour you are seeing, but could also make it very hard to pin down the problem.
JefferyS Posted - Dec 19 2006 : 1:47:10 PM
In this one project I have been working on for awhile, it seams pretty consistent. I just thought about making a new aspx page in my project to see if it would have the same problem. It didn't so I went back to some other pages that had the problem a few minutes ago and tried them and they worked. Guess I'll have to wait and see how long this lasts.

Yes still using vs2005 w/ SP1.
I have OnTime, Project Mru Cleaner, Dpack, VS Power toys, extensions for Windows WF and SuperDiff, and a few other small add-ins.

Thanks,

JefferyS
feline Posted - Dec 14 2006 : 10:09:32 AM
here is the previous thread, still on my list of things to chaise:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5568

I was under the impression this was more intermittent. At least happening all the time should be easier to try and pin down.

If you create a new blank .aspx file and open it on its own (no project loaded) in the IDE do you get this problem?
I have created a new zero length file, named it "test.aspx" and dragged it into VS2005 professional. When I type "<html>" I get a completion listbox after typing < which stays there as I type:

As you can see the listbox is not shrinking as I type, so VA is not that active here. But I am not sure that this is a valid test, personally I don't know anything about ASPX so I am not sure how this compares to what you are doing.

Are you still working in VS2005?
Do you have any other plugin's?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000