Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1543: Automatic completion lists

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erik Olofsson Posted - Dec 25 2006 : 4:25:30 PM
They appear automatically when typing :: even though it's turned off in options (Text Editor->C/C++->Auto list members).
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Apr 10 2008 : 01:25:47 AM
case=10480 is fixed in build 1632
support Posted - Apr 10 2008 : 12:43:02 AM
case=10428 is fixed in build 1632
feline Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 3:15:13 PM
I have your settings, thank you for these. I am now able to reproduce the problem:

case=10480

For now can you turn On:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Correction -> repair case

For me the problem only happens when this is turned off.
feline Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 09:21:41 AM
VS2008 with VA 1624 here, running on winXP Pro SP2.

I created a new Empty C++ console project, added a single file "main.cpp" and after adding the sample code I saved everything. I reloaded the project to make sure everything was fine, then I closed the IDE and deleted the VA directory you listed.

I loaded VS2008, waited for VA to finish parsing, and then deleted the final 'e' on the "CTest restFade;" line, the 'e' before the semi-colon. I saw the rename suggestion, and pressed Escape to remove it.

I them moved to the end of the comment and typed first "\\" and then deleted it and typed "/". No suggestions of any type at all.

Can you please export your IDE and VA settings and send them to me? I will then import them on my test system and try this test again. It would make sense if this was somehow tied to a specific setting somewhere.

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
Erik Olofsson Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 07:14:38 AM
Visual Studio 2008 with VA 1623.

I was able to reproduce the suggestions while editing string (they appear in comments as well) by:

* Deleting AppData\\Local\\VisualAssist folder to force a complete rebuild of the database.
* Only open a command line project with the above code.
* Edit the 'CTest rectFade;' line by deleting the e and then retyping it.
* Now place the cursor after the \\r and type / (or \\)

feline Posted - Dec 10 2007 : 06:25:21 AM
An option to turn off the rename suggestion is reasonable, I have put in a feature request for this:

case=10428

The suggestions while editing comments, which IDE and version of VA are you using? A couple of other users are reporting the same problem, but so far I cannot reproduce this.

It is supposed to have been fixed in the recent builds of VA, but obviously not completely.
Erik Olofsson Posted - Dec 10 2007 : 05:50:48 AM
Thanks! These cases are confirmed fixed in 1623.

I have however found some more features that will pop up and disturb my navigation. The features are variable suggestions in comments and strings and suggestions to refactor variables:

A big fat 'Never ever display suggestions' checkbox would be appreciated :)

class CTest
{
public:
	int m_Member;
	void Function()
	{
	}
};

void main()
{
	CTest Test;

printf("Testing if this will trigger visual assist suggestions \\r"); // Place the cursor after the \\r and type /

int Testing; // Place the cursor before ; and delete the g

Testing = 0;

CTest rectFade;

}
support Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 6:40:08 PM
Case=4311 is fixed in Build 1623.
support Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 6:38:58 PM
Case=10137 is fixed in Build 1623.
feline Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 3:37:17 PM
I have increased the priority of case=4311 for you. There are quite a lot of outstanding bugs, although we are working on them as quickly as possible.

I was able to reproduce the temporary listbox quite easily, but it took a while to reproduce it reliably, on demand:

case=10137
Erik Olofsson Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 12:36:22 PM
Ahh, my bugs never get fixed.

Version 1619 (Same settings as above, but Visual Studio 2008):

In addition to the bug above something much more irritating has cropped up. When typing sometimes a suggestion(?) box shows up and then immediately disappears. This will cause navigation keys to be eaten and typing errors as a result.

For example when typing a expression terminator after a function on an object this will happen:

class CTest
{
public:
	int m_Member;
	void Function()
	{
	}
};

void main()
{
	CTest Test;

Test.Function( //<---- Here
	Test.Function< //<---- Or Here
	Test.Function; //<---- Or Here
}
feline Posted - Dec 30 2006 : 5:17:59 PM
Now I know what code you are typing I am seeing the same thing.

case=4311
Erik Olofsson Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 2:21:36 PM

class CTest
{
public:
	int m_Member;
};

void main()
{
	CTest::
}

Screenshots:

feline Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 1:58:44 PM
Can you post a line of code showing me what you are doing? Obviously we are talking about different things.
Erik Olofsson Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 1:12:36 PM
It works correctly (the list does not appear) for me as well when i type :: on a blank line. The problem is when I type :: after a class name (the list appears even though it shouldn't). No other plugins are installed.
feline Posted - Dec 29 2006 : 08:10:18 AM
That you for this, but unfortunately it did not help. I deleted my VA registry tree, and then imported your VA settings. But it does not make any difference to what I see.

With both my settings (with suggestions turned off) and your settings when I type :: at the start of a blank line I either get nothing, or the completion listbox, depending on the IDE's settings.

Would it be possible for you to export your IDE settings for me?

IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

perhaps that will shed some light on this.

Do you have any other plugin's installed?
Erik Olofsson Posted - Dec 28 2006 : 5:00:59 PM
I have suggestions turned off. I don't see any '?' in the list that comes up.

Here is the config:
http://www.olofsson.info/20061228224904.zip

The list only appears when typing :: after a class name.
feline Posted - Dec 28 2006 : 2:32:14 PM
Trying this here using VS2005 and VA 1543 I have left VA enabled, and feacp.dll is in place and working.

sitting at column 1, on a blank line, in either a .h or .cpp file and typing :: produces a completion listbox after a slight pause, a second of less I would guess.

If I then delete this, turn off:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Auto list members

now when I type :: I see an autotext suggestion listbox - the one with the question mark icon.

Am I doing something obviously different to you?
Do you have VA's suggestion lists turned on or off?
Erik Olofsson Posted - Dec 28 2006 : 12:44:49 PM
If I turn off VA the list does not appear. And it would not be able to because I have renamed feacp.dll so Visual Studio does not have any Intellisense information.

Edit: I just confirmed that with VA disabled and with feacp.dll not renamed I will get a completion list if I have the option checked and not a list if the option is not checked.
feline Posted - Dec 27 2006 : 10:21:43 AM
completion lists after :: come from the IDE, VA does not have anything to do with these. This assumes you are using :: to access global scope, and are not typing:

CFoo::|

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000