Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Function parameter list should appear for func-ptr

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chjfth Posted - Jan 06 2007 : 06:01:11 AM
You know, when [ I type out a function pointer variable ,then type a left bracket ], only definition for that function pointer variable popups up as a tooltip, but I find it much more useful to present the function parameter list(because user will almost definitely start feeding function parameter right now), and best, give user the ability to switch between the two alternatives on the fly.

I experience it in VAX 1543, and probably older versions of VAX all have this problem.

Image hint:

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 09 2007 : 08:58:50 AM
In VS2005 when you type a comma or press CTRL-SPACE sometimes you get the correct tooltip. This is why I asked what happened when you typed a comma.

It turns out that in VS2005 the IDE produces the tooltip you want, and VA does not. Sometimes you get the IDE tooltip and sometimes you get the VA tooltip.

In VC6 the IDE does not produce a useful tooltip, so it is VA or nothing.
chjfth Posted - Jan 08 2007 : 8:37:24 PM
Is that so? I just tested VAX 1543 on VS2005 professional edition(8.0.50727.42), and got the same result as in VC6 SP6.

Image hint:

feline Posted - Jan 08 2007 : 09:30:11 AM
I was testing in VS2005, and you get slightly different results there. I have put in a feature request for this:

case=4411
chjfth Posted - Jan 07 2007 : 07:07:17 AM
Pressing CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE gives me nothing more than what have automatically poped-up already, that is:

PFUNC pfunc = func

The same goes if I press comma.

I'm using VC6 with SP6.
feline Posted - Jan 06 2007 : 8:36:53 PM
what happens when you type a comma, or press CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE?

which IDE are you using?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000