Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 shrtcut keys for lstbox, parse lib-cpp-files?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GreenMoose Posted - Feb 07 2007 : 04:26:27 AM
using v10.3.1543.0 built 2006.12.19 / VS2005

2 Suggestions, or perhaps 1 suggestion and 1 question:

1)
When I hover with the mouse over the suggestions listbox, I get a couple of items at the appearing toolbar at the bottom to click on. Couldn't shortcut keys be added to these? I.e. so I don't have to reach for the mouse if I only want to list public members for instance :).

2) [Not an issue any more, see Edit2]
Is VA able to parse cpp-files from #include <SharedFile.h> statements?
If not (it doesn't seem to work for me anyhow), couldn't VA search for SharedFile.cpp in the same dir it found SharedFile.h, or perhaps in the VS's "Source code" directories?

Thanks.

*Edit1 20070207 To clarify, I have "parse all files" checked and the source code comments will show in the listbox if I open the library which contain both SharedFile.h and SharedFile.cpp and try it from there.

*Edit2 20070207 05:21 Hrm after I opened the client-project after I had reopened the library project the comment works again. So I guess one should open the library project and parse that completely first, before the client can use the source comment.
I.e. 2) is no problem any longer, so this topic is probably misplaced as well (should be in Suggestions I guess).
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 07 2007 : 09:07:04 AM
providing keyboard access to the filtering toolbar is on our list of things to do:

case=359

if / when we do this we will probably make the keyboard bindings available via the IDE's configuration screen and then let people work out what keys to use, in much the same way that the refactoring keyboard shortcuts work.
sl@sh Posted - Feb 07 2007 : 06:53:05 AM
I like the idea, but adding shortcuts to suggestion listboxes will interfere with the option
Text Editor -> Suggestions -> Display suggestion lists and accept with: -> Any character not valid in a symbol

So if you assign a shortcut not valid in a symbol you will inadvertantly accept the currently selected suggestion by typing it, and if you assign it to a character valid in a symbol you effectively disable typing while the suggestion listbox is shown.

I am not using this option, but other people might, so removing it in favor of some other feature is unlikely to make it into VAX.

P.S.:
I just had an idea and tried it out: apparently the arrow keys are not considered 'Any character not valid in a symbol', so shortcuts involving the arrow keys might work.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000