Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 'Goto implementation' list is too narrow

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
michal Posted - Feb 19 2007 : 07:16:53 AM
Hi All,

Is there a way to make the "Goto Implementation" list wider? We use method overloads very often and when Visual Assist comes with 23 options to choose from it's hard to pick the correct method as it can trim the names after first parameter.

thanks,
Michal
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
michal Posted - Feb 22 2007 : 04:43:48 AM
Thanks for filing the feature request and for the HCB suggestion - I never used VA View window so I was not aware of such possibilities. It's very nice.

Michal
feline Posted - Feb 21 2007 : 09:47:36 AM
Apologies for this, my mistake. It is so long since I actually used the Go button on the wizard bar I had forgotten exactly how it works. I had hoped that it would respond to the item you had selected from the pull down list.

Using private support via the web form just gets you to me via a different route

If it is possible to find a short term work around / fix for a problem then this is good, since it gets you something now, without having to wait for a software fix at some point in the future, which is what I was trying to do.

I have put in a feature request to make the menu wider, clearly something needs to be done to help in this case:

case=5189

Have you considered using the HCB for now? Turn on VAView, hover the mouse over the function call, and the class is shown in the HCB (bottom section), and you can then jump to the specific function you want by double clicking on the item. This is not quite so convinient, but it might help.
michal Posted - Feb 21 2007 : 08:38:39 AM
Drop down list of Definition field is fine - it scales well with the length of the definition and shows everything. However I did not find use for it as I cannot use it to goto to implementation - as soon as I press the "go" button it shows the same trimmed list I posted earlier.

If there is no way to make this list wider, is it worth to fill it as feature request/bug report or would contacting private support make difference?

thanks,
Michal
feline Posted - Feb 20 2007 : 1:03:04 PM
I do not know of any registry option for this. Most of the ones I know about are actually listed in our FAQ, for easy reference

I agree, this is a remarkably unhelpful menu. If you turn on the VA wizard bar, how much information is shown in the definition field drop down list when you place the caret inside this function call?

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/definition.asp

This drop down list should be the same width as the definition field, which can be easily changed by dragging with the mouse.
michal Posted - Feb 20 2007 : 05:14:39 AM
Here is the list I usually see when I press alt+g.

If it helps - methods in this case are static methods of the class.

I thought that maybe there is some registry option to make it wider.

thanks,
Michal
feline Posted - Feb 19 2007 : 2:41:43 PM
Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing? Normally I do not have any problems with the alt-g menu.
accord Posted - Feb 19 2007 : 10:52:23 AM
I agree. Should be wider

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000