Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 history

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eco Posted - Feb 26 2007 : 04:03:43 AM
This is a suggestion,
As I mentionned previously, my history dir is growing stupidly (I found) can you create an option that disable history in VA options ?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 27 2007 : 10:36:35 AM
Which directory are you looking at? On my win2k machine the history files for VS2005 is now:

C:\\Documents and Settings\\Feline\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\VisualAssist\\vs8\\history\
Since VA 1548 now uses the user directories the files in the install directory should no longer be a factor. Currently I have two files in this directory:

2989800540_001_test_colour_and_font.cpp
3796764545_001_test_colour_and_font.h

the first number is a hash generated from the full file name, path included. Unless the path changes, the hash should always be the same, so there should only ever be one history file per code file you are editing. The Perforce specific bug resulted in the same file generating two different hashes, so there were extra files, but this has been fixed in 1548.

Does this make sense?
Are you seeing more than one history file per code file?

In addition these files should be deleted when you close the file / IDE, they are for me.
eco Posted - Feb 27 2007 : 02:51:36 AM
Just for information, I work yesterday and there are 1230 files in my history
eco Posted - Feb 27 2007 : 02:45:58 AM
I use VA 1548,
I press Ctrl+S often and files are saved every second.
feline Posted - Feb 26 2007 : 12:18:20 PM
Which IDE and version of VA are you using?
I was looking at why and when VA puts files into the history directory recently, to do with a bug with Perforce integration with the IDE, and the number of files in the history directory should not grow like this.

The bug fix is present in VA 1548, so if this particular bug was the reason for all these files then the problem should no longer occur in 1548.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000