Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 "List Methods In Current File" always adds a space

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mattatilium Posted - Apr 05 2007 : 12:24:30 PM
I am trying out Visual Assist X in the hopes that it works around my many problems with VS Intellisense. So far it looks slick, but there's an annoying bug it appears.

If I go to VAssistX->List Methods In Current File
It always shows me the full list which is then erased and replaced with a list of just the methods that have a "space" in them. Apparently it keeps pasting a space into the search box. When I delete the space, all the methods appear in the dropdown.

This happens whether I click on the drop down button, click "List Methods In Current File" in the menu, or press the Alt+M hotkey.

VA_X.dll 10.3.1549.0 built 2007.03.16
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.4.8
VATE.dll version 1.0.6.2
DevEnv version 8.0.50727.762
msenv.dll version 8.0.50727.762
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

It's kinda irritating. Is there a fix?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 06 2007 : 09:17:24 AM
Thank you for the update, I have added this to our FAQ for future reference.

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W277
mattatilium Posted - Apr 05 2007 : 6:15:36 PM
Looks like it was a conflict with RSIGuard (http://www.rsiguard.com/). I shut it down and the problem stopped happening. Then I upgraded to the latest version of their application (4.0.15SB) and that seems to have fixed it.
feline Posted - Apr 05 2007 : 1:55:18 PM
I don't think anyone has ever reported this before. Certainly I am not seeing this problem here.

What happens if you map a different keyboard shortcut to VAssistX.ListMethodsInCurrentFile in the IDE keyboard options?

Do you have any other plugin's installed?
Are you running any programs / utilities that are setting global keyboard hooks? Anything that watches for or responds to keyboard shortcuts.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000