Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 ALT+O and *.IPP files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrDoomMaster Posted - Apr 06 2007 : 12:30:00 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this is very standardized, so this may not be a very valid question/request.

It is common at our company to create H/IPP file pairs for template classes. The IPP extension represents a header, but at the same time it's the implementation file for a template class. For example:

SomeClass.h:

#ifndef SOMECLASS_H
#define SOMECLASS_H

class SomeClass
{
};

#include "SomeClass.ipp"

#endif // SOMECLASS_H

As you can see, we include the IPP at the bottom, which is how we are able to put the implementations for the template class member functions in a different file.

Anyway, when I press ALT+O on the H file, it doesn't find the IPP file and go to that. I realize that IPP may not be supported by ALT+O, but that's where I have a pretty cool suggestion:

Add an option to the VAX menu that allows you to list any given number of extensions to search for when ALT+O is pressed. For example, for H files we might want to specify in the options that it should try to find the first occurrence of *.CPP, *.IPP, *.C, etc.

Let me know if this is just a bug (meaning it was always intended for VAX to find IPP files using ALT+O) or if this just isn't a supported feature. If it's not a supported feature, then the above paragraph is my feature request.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MrDoomMaster Posted - Apr 06 2007 : 5:10:16 PM
I'm sorry guys, I'm dumb...

I didn't have the IPP in my project (doh!)

This whole time I thought it couldn't find the IPP file because the IPP extension wasn't standard or something :) Sorry again!
feline Posted - Apr 06 2007 : 3:04:02 PM
Does VAX know that the IPP files are code files? Do you get syntax highlighting in them?

See this FAQ for telling VAX about extra file extensions.

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328
sean Posted - Apr 06 2007 : 12:43:54 PM
Are the ipp files listed in the VA file list (OFIW)?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000