Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Disabling VS2005 intellisense problems

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
drac Posted - Apr 12 2007 : 12:08:46 PM
Hi all,

By disabling VS2005 intellisense (renaming feacp.dll) I've crippled the Add Class wizard, especially the ATL->ATL Simple Object wizard.

ATL detection relays on determining the type of a global variable, if fecacp.dll is not present the variable list count is 0 and the function fails ("c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\VCWizards\\1033\\common.js" IsATLProject function).

Please mark this in VA's FAQ (http://docs.wholetomato.com?W133)

Regards,
Cristi.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 18 2007 : 09:18:12 AM
I am seeing the same effect with the zero length NCB file. It looks like renaming the dll is the better approach, although it is also more wide ranging.
rhummer Posted - Apr 16 2007 : 6:07:19 PM
Err, I forgot to mention it only happens if you go the route of making a zero-length NCB file. That's at least the method I noticed when it stopped working.
feline Posted - Apr 16 2007 : 5:50:31 PM
Using VS2005 I have created a new, default win32 application, and renamed the "feacp.dll" file to disable default intellisense.

Both the resource view and class view are working for me. To be more precise they are showing me content, I can get to the string table via the resource view and jump to functions via the class view.

Personally I never use the IDE class view, and hardly use the resource view, so perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but disabling intellisense does not seem to have caused any problems.

I expect disabling the IDE's intellisense to break some things, class view included, but not the resource view.
rhummer Posted - Apr 13 2007 : 1:27:54 PM
Also you may want to note that for Win32/MFC projects the Resource View will not work with intellisense disabled.
feline Posted - Apr 13 2007 : 1:05:52 PM
A good point, I have updated the FAQ with a warning about this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000