Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 pressing / removes text from another window

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fenix Posted - Apr 20 2007 : 10:26:38 AM
Hi!

I've found something in VA, and this 'bug'(?) works with almost all versions of VA and under visual studio 2003 .NET.

I don't know how to describe it simply but I'll try :)
When I open project and open two windows with source files, and
when I mark text in the first window with mouse or keyboard (it is important that all selected lines should begin with SPACES) and I will do the same thing in second window and now when I try to comment whole line by pressing '/' marked text from one window overwrite the text in the second window. Try pressing '/' and switch window few times.

I'm not sure if it is a bug

best regards
fenix.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 17 2007 : 1:44:16 PM
I came across a very similar effect when trying to reproduce case=5835

For me the trigger was different, and seemed to be tightly tied to the problem where characters were sent to the wrong file. I am hoping that when the bug is found and fixed this second effect will also be fixed.
mtwombley Posted - May 16 2007 : 1:38:11 PM
Just to add another symptom I've seen on this.

I used the Find In Files command looking for [^/]TRACE

Once I had my Find Results I would double click on a line and then shift down arrow to highlight the line and press / to comment out the line.

I had 104 matches in 22 files. One of the files (it wasn't the last one I double clicked) snipped like 20 lines of code after the comment.

I did a ctrl-z and the lines came back and the line I commented out stayed that way.

This was the first time I've seen this and now when I try I can't reproduce it.

Mark
feline Posted - Apr 23 2007 : 3:13:17 PM
I have managed to reproduce this.

case=5835

Thank you for the clear description and the screen shots.
fenix Posted - Apr 21 2007 : 07:02:26 AM
Mainly I switch between windows using CTRL+TAB, sometimes by clicking on them and sometimes by CTRL+W and ALT+SHIFT+O.
This happens only when I switch by clicking on the window or by pressing CTRL+TAB
sean Posted - Apr 20 2007 : 9:28:44 PM
Are you switching between the two source windows by clicking on the tabs at the top of the window, using the Window menu, using ctrl+tab or some other method?
fenix Posted - Apr 20 2007 : 3:54:01 PM
I've enabled 'Line numbers', I can turn it off but bug is still there.
Here you have screenshoot of main window of VS IDE with two windows opened, also I put screen shoots of some options from IDE, maybe these
screens would help you.

feline Posted - Apr 20 2007 : 2:52:38 PM
Have you turned on:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Line numbers

We have had a few other reports of this, but you seem to be seeing it under slightly different circumstances.

Would you be able to post a screen shot of your IDE, so we can see the layout? This might be a factor.
fenix Posted - Apr 20 2007 : 1:38:08 PM
In my IDE this option is turned OFF. Also, I had installed this version but this bug still remains.
feline Posted - Apr 20 2007 : 1:26:16 PM
Definitely a bug. Can you please try upgrading to VA 1553 to see if this makes any difference:

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/VA_X_Setup1553.exe

If this does not help, do you have the IDE option "Show Miscellaneous files in Solution Explorer" in "Tools|Options|Environment|Documents" turned on? If so can you try turning this off and restarting the IDE and see if this helps?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000