Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Error message not displayed in status bar

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hensz Posted - May 10 2007 : 06:59:59 AM
Hi!

Normally, when you click on a compiler error or warning in the output window or in the error list (in VS 2005 and in VS 2003) the error is highlighted in the code window and the error message is displayed in the status bar. This is even more important when I press F4, because then the output window is hidden due to the auto hide feature of VS.

For some time now I have the problem in VS 2005, that the error message is not displayed (long enough) in the status bar. I can see the message for a fraction of a second then 'Ready' is displayed. When I switch to a different application and switch back to VS everything works as expected.

Best regards,
Hensz
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fwcetus Posted - Sep 08 2013 : 3:33:54 PM
This was also a problem in VC6 - double clicking on a build error caused the status bar to show the message for a split-second, but then it would disappear - not very helpful. :-)

The Registry setting (01 to 00) did the job nicely. Thanks a lot.
support Posted - Jul 07 2007 : 12:36:09 AM
Build 1559 adds the option to disable VA status bar messages in VC6.
Set HKCU\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VA6\\EnableStatusBarMessages to 00
support Posted - May 31 2007 : 01:31:54 AM
fixed in build 1557
MHaggag Posted - May 18 2007 : 09:04:53 AM
I'd like to add that this bug is driving me nuts due to its interaction with ViEmu. ViEmu's command-line is in the status bar, and most interaction goes there (since in Vim, you're not in insertion mode most of the time, but in normal mode issuing commands from the command-line). Whenever I edit the document, VAX hides the command-line and tells me it's "Ready".

So, add another vote for a fix :)
feline Posted - May 10 2007 : 08:43:33 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description. I had not noticed this was broken, just shows how much time I spend reading the status bar

case=6499

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000