Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1555 : Autotext

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cianflon Posted - May 18 2007 : 4:00:31 PM
When modifying autotext and including a tab character, should VAX then look at the Visual Studio setting to see that the user has selected to convert the tab to X number of spaces, and then do that?

Coding standards specify certain number of spaces, but one shouldn't need to change all the autotexts for certain number of spaces, rather the tab could be used, and then VAX would check the Visual Studio setting and insert that number of spaces automatically.

Not sure if VAX is suppposd to do that, but it's not doing so on 1555.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 22 2007 : 06:21:53 AM
I try to avoid putting in a case for every interesting idea posted here, just to try and keep the number of suggestions under some form of vague control

You make a very good point, and this is sensible, so I have put this in:

case=6712
cianflon Posted - May 21 2007 : 6:03:54 PM
So do you mean it's an interesting idea being added to the list of suggestions, or just an interesting idea ;-)

Definitely seems a little more logically organized to have the templates have a tab for each part, then simply check the Visual Studio setting for tabs, and insert that many spaces (or keep as tabs), and boom, they are all automatically correct.

feline Posted - May 19 2007 : 4:48:38 PM
VA does not try to do this with autotext, but it is an interesting idea. For now you need to change the tabs to spaces in the autotext entries, and format them to match your preferred style.

For ease you can manually edit the file where these entries are stored, allowing you to use a search and replace on all entries:

http://support.wholetomato.com?W434

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000