Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1555 and expired licenses.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dodudo7 Posted - May 28 2007 : 11:36:07 AM
I use VAX 1555 and my previous maintenance license was about to expire on mid-May.
A few days after the license expired, when I tried to open the Visual Studio 2003, I received a message that I cannot use any longer that VAX version (although it was released & installed prior to the license expire date). The message box offered me a 6 day trial...
Why did that happen?
I thought that I can use indefinitely a version that was released during the maintenance period of the license.
The problem is now temporarily fixed, since my company acquired new licenses, so I cannot send a screenshot.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 29 2007 : 06:36:16 AM
Something has gone wrong here. You are quite right, so long as the date of the build you are running is covered by the installed licence then you will have no problems.

*checks* 1555 requires maintenance through 2007.04.26, and we have not yet build the next version, so you could not have installed that by accident, so mid May would be fine.

It looks like something in the registry got corrupt. If you have a problem like this again let us know and I will try to find a fix for you.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000