Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Big big bug of VA under VCwith VirtualSpace editor

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Linsi Posted - May 29 2007 : 07:35:45 AM
I am a newbie of vc. A friend recommend VA(X 1554) to me, so I just try it. It is really a good done for us.

However,I like Virtual space Editor in vc6.0,(Tools/Options/Compatibility/, check Enable virtual space). Now the problem comes. when I input a long Chinese sentence in one line, I found that VC become very very slow. The more words I input, the slower VC becomes.and the current pos indicator status bar(Ln xxx Col xxx) of vc changes ceaselessly.

because i just want learn programming with vc, I comment almost all variables and functions in Chinese. But VA beat me down.... I hate vc,hate va,:-(

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
alextooter Posted - Jun 03 2007 : 05:09:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I have followed all of the instructions very carefully. Chinese text is working in notepad and VS2005. Dragging and dropping the test file into VC6 produced this:

Hi feline,
It seems that you save this file in utf-16, and VC6 don't support this.
You can install google pinyin IMEhttp://dl.google.com/pinyin/GooglePinyinInstaller.exe which you can input Chinese.

How to use Google PinYin?Install it and open a .c file with msdev.exe, press CTRL + SPACE, then type some key[e.g. hahahahaha], and press space, the IME will translate your input to Chinese words, you will see some Chinese word in the vc editor, and it is really slow, if VAX is disabled, the Chinese sentence displays more quickly, that's it, I hope you will see the same thing.
sean Posted - Jun 02 2007 : 12:10:48 PM
Linsi: if you view your file in hex mode, is it unicode or mbcs? My understanding is that vc6 flat out does not support unicode at all.
Linsi Posted - Jun 02 2007 : 10:46:59 AM
Hi, feline.

I am puzzled and don't know how to get the right way now. I am using English version of WinXP and it displays Chinese characters correctly.

Maybe you can install Chinese version of XP using virtual machine(Virtual PC or VMware) as I suggested to test them.

feline Posted - Jun 02 2007 : 07:21:56 AM
I have followed all of the instructions very carefully. Chinese text is working in notepad and VS2005. Dragging and dropping the test file into VC6 produced this:

Linsi Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 11:38:27 PM
I didn't install a localised version of VC6, because Microsotft didn't release any VS6.0 of Chinese version yet. But VS2005 has Chinese version.
Linsi Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 11:13:23 PM
-_-! you can right click the cpp file which saved as Unicode and then select "Open with",then select VS6. Or you can open VS6, then drag the Unicode cpp file and drop it on VS6. VS6 can open and display the file as its way.

Of course I can send you a zip file, but this is not the only and right way to reproduce the problem(because you have the Unicode file already in VS2005). If you want your OS support Chinese characters, you can change the settings in contol panel/regional and language options. I will tell you where should be set(I have sent the images files to show the settins of Unicode).

1.open contol panel/regional and language options
2.Regional options/Stands and formats, select Chinese(PRC)
/Location, select China
3.Languages/ Supplemental language support, check Install files for East Asian lanuages
4.Advanced/ Language for non-Unicode programs, select Chinese(PRC).

when you set the options above, system may need reboot to take effect.

I think Your OS and VS6 will support Chinese characters perfectly now. If you don't like the way of Chinese Unicode system, you can change the settins in Regional and Language options and set the options back to your origional settings.

If you want test more problems of VA in VS6 and don't want to make large changes in your windows. Install WinXP of a Chinese version in Virtual Machine is a better choice. (Virtual PC or VMware will be OK)
feline Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 2:19:41 PM
Would it be possible to get a sample file from you? I should then be able to open it here, and if it works correctly I will try and reproduce this problem.

If this is possible can you send it as a zip or rar file please, to make sure that there is no risk of the email system changing the file. You can reply to the email, like you did before, or submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp
feline Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 11:03:02 AM
*sigh* there has to be something basic I am doing wrong. Do you have a localised version of VC6 installed?

When I tried to install the "simsun.ttc" font I was told that the font was already installed, which makes sense.
I selected both the "SimSun" and "NSimSun" font's in the VC6 options, but this made no difference.

So I used VS2005, I added the Chinese text to a file, which was then saved as Unicode by VS2005. VC6 will not open this file. If I double click on the file in solution explorer VS2005 is loaded, and the file is opened there instead.

It seems as if VC6 simply does not support these Unicode characters at all.
Linsi Posted - May 31 2007 : 10:04:39 PM
In the second picture I sent I have shown the method to change the fontface of source editor of VC6 in system registry. You CAN see the right Chinese characters in notepad, so you have chinese fonts in your OS certainly. You can not see the right font name as I have shown, maybe it just shows another font name in your /control panel/fonts. the usual font used in most application is simsun.ttc. you can search it in your windows/fonts directory. Or you can find it in any search engine and download it. Or I will send it to you.(5M bytes size of RAR file). please check your support mail box.:)

note: simsun.ttc is the most common font name used in chinese application.

feline Posted - May 31 2007 : 1:02:32 PM
I have the pictures you sent, thank you for those. They are very clear. Unfortunately no obviously Chinese font is listed in the VC6 dialog.

There must be a Chinese font installed and working on the test machine, since you can see it working in notepad, and it is also working in VS2005. VS2005 is using "Courier New" and notepad is using "Lucida Console" as its font.

Do you know where the font you are using came from? Perhaps I need to download and install an extra Chinese font to get this working in VC6.
Linsi Posted - May 30 2007 : 7:41:44 PM
Sure, I have not notice that you can copy and display Chinese characters in notepad. your OS certainly supports East Asian Language, then maybe you didn't set the right font in VC6. Please select Chinese Font in VC's tools/options/fotmat.(I have send the images to the url you give). I needn't select Chinese font,because my OS set Chinese font as default.but your OS doesn't take Chinese characters into account.So you have to set Chinese font manually. If you cann't see any Chinese font in the dropdown list box, you can set the FontFace of VC6 in your registry(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\DevStudio\\6.0\\Format\\Source Window).(pls refer to the image 2 attatched).
feline Posted - May 30 2007 : 2:31:27 PM
Support for East Asian languages is installed, and the Chinese text works fine in both VS2005 and notepad. The screen shot is two overlapping windows with the same text pasted into VC6 and notepad.

It fails in VC6, my first theory is that there is some setting I need to use in VC6 to enable it to display the characters correctly.

Pictures, if you send them to me via this form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up, I can view them and post them to this thread if it helps.
Linsi Posted - May 30 2007 : 09:47:48 AM
alextooter: I want to comment my test program in english too, but but...my english is so poor. Then what can I do for this?

feline: It seems that your OS does not support East Asian language.so you can add this feature in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/ Languages, check "Install files for East Asian languages", and if you want input Chinese in notepad or other editors,you can click "Details" and install Chinese input method. If you can display Chinese in VC, even if you haven't install Chinese IME, you can copy a Chinese sentence to VC in a line. you will find that, with virtual space enabling, VC6 will be very slow to copy the words after 80 columns. But when you click another line, this problem will dispear. when you set cursor at the long Chinese sentense line. it will be slow again.

I don't know how to attach images in this forum, otherwise I will make a better explaination about this.
feline Posted - May 30 2007 : 06:16:23 AM
I have no idea how to type Chinese text into the IDE, or any other program. I was trying to type Japanese text recently for a different bug report, and nothing I tried would work. I have managed to find some Chinese text to copy / paste though, so I can use this for testing.

Which brings me to the next problem, how do I get Chinese text into VC6? I have a winXP SP2 machine here. The screen shot shows the same text pasted into VC6 and notepad. Note that it only shows the correct thing (I have no idea what it says) in notepad:

Linsi are you in a position to move over to VS2005? By the sounds of it this would be a solution.
alextooter Posted - May 30 2007 : 12:49:02 AM
Hi Linsi,
It's not a good habit to write comments in Chinese,
think about your code is supposed to be sell to others in another country,
not everyone in this world understand Chinese.
Linsi Posted - May 29 2007 : 7:52:44 PM
Hi,feline

When i disable VA, this problem goes away immediately. I have said that the indicator of Ln and Col changed ceaselessly, it happens when Virtual space is enabled and Chinese characters with a long sentence(more than 40 Chinese characters(80 English characters)) is inputted. It goes well when Virtual space is disabled or a short sentence is inputted. but I can feel the speed difference when Having VA or not having VA. You may test this phenomenon under the situation I mententioned just now or as below.

VC6 with sp5(Enable Virtual Space) + VA 1555 + Chinese sentence (1.5G mem + Intel 1.83GHz CoreDuo CPU + WinXPProsp2 En)

I have seeked advice from some friends of mine.they told me that VA performs very well in VS2005, even when Virtual space is enabled and long sentence is inputted.

Linsi
2007-5-30
feline Posted - May 29 2007 : 08:01:56 AM
If you turn off Virtual Space does this problem go away?
I would not expect VA to have any effect on the Line and Column indicator in VC6 *puzzled*

If you stop VA from loading does this problem go away? This is explained here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W306

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000