Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Minor sug/bug in shift right click menu

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eve Posted - May 29 2007 : 08:58:16 AM
I noticed that if you shift right click, that there is always 1 menu item having the focus. A normal right click menu does not have any focus.

This can cause problems when using the right click button that is present on most keyboards (lets call it the context button). If you press shift and this context button, then the active item is somewhat random, depending on the current location of the mouse.

This makes that you cannot use the keyboard shortcut shift+context, arrow up to sort the selected lines.

I don't think this is actually a bug as it is probably by design, but is a bit annoying nonetheless.

regards,
eli
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 30 2007 : 06:23:15 AM
*checks* It turns out 'S' has been set as the accelerator in the next build, which should be posted in the next few days.
eve Posted - May 29 2007 : 12:02:07 PM
Yes I know, I just wanted to point out the difference with the normal shift right click.
Maybe I can suggest that 'Sort Selected Lines' gets an accelerator like almost all other items in that menu?

thanks,
eli
feline Posted - May 29 2007 : 11:47:35 AM
If you have a VAssistX menu in your IDE then this command is listed under Tools. If you are using VC6 you can add a VAssistX menu manually if you want.

Alternatively you can bind a keyboard shortcut to the command "VAssistX.SortSelectedLines"

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000