Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Bug : shortcut key for Refactoring

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
netics Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 02:14:00 AM

I upgrade 1553 to 1557.

Then, in VA's context menu

"&Remove All Breakpoint"

and

"&Refactor"

have same shortcut key.

Please recover it as pre-1557.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jul 07 2007 : 12:29:57 AM
case=6917 is fixed in Build 1559
feline Posted - Jun 05 2007 : 07:35:52 AM
Looking at my screen shot here, the problem is due to the duplicate keyboard shortcut. The menu holds both "&Refactor (VA X)" and "Insert B&reakpoint", so the IDE does not know that you actually want Refactor on 'R'

Since 'R' is the standard key for the refactoring menu I am reluctant to suggest changing it, since then it is inconsistent.
tplan Posted - Jun 04 2007 : 3:11:38 PM
Aha! Re-installing and answering yes did add the menu. One strange thing though: The refactor sub-menu doesn't show until I press right arrow. So instead of having to press "Shift+context - R - R" to do a rename with the old context menu, I now have to press "Context - R - right arrow - R". Feels a little awkward. The other submenus does not show this behaviour (pressing for instance "context + l", will show the outline submenu directly).

Anyways, thanks for a great product!
feline Posted - Jun 04 2007 : 1:15:55 PM
You may need to reset your IDE when installing VAX to get this. I am seeing this in VS2003 with VA 1557:

To reset the IDE you can either reinstall VAX and say yes to reset or you can run the IDE with the "/setup" command line argument.
tplan Posted - Jun 04 2007 : 10:31:30 AM
No, I'm not. There are no VA menu items in the IDE context menu.
feline Posted - Jun 04 2007 : 10:23:15 AM
tplan if you just open the IDE context menu, are you seeing a new item at the very top of the menu "Refactor (VA X)" ? If so this should provide a good work around for this problem.

I have put in a case to change the shortcut letters on several items on the VA shift+right click context menu, to fix all of the duplicates. This should fix this problem.

case=6917
tplan Posted - Jun 04 2007 : 02:52:51 AM
I'm experiencing the same problem. The refactor menu keyboard shortcut did work in the previous version, but when I upgraded to 1557 it stopped working. I really miss being able to access refactorings with Shift+context - R!

I'm using Visual Studio 2003.
netics Posted - Jun 03 2007 : 8:10:57 PM
hmmm. because of my poor english, it seems for you not to catch the point.

Two menu have same shortcut. So if I push 'R' key, I can't reach "Refector" menu. Consequently, it's same that "Refactor" menu don't have the shortcut.

Please rearrange the shortcut key.

And about version, I always have approached "Refactor : Rename" menu by "Shift + Contex" + R + R.

But when I upgraded v.1557, it couldn't.

Maybe my former version was not 1553. Anyway, what I want to say is "shortcut is changed and duplicated"
feline Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 10:29:55 AM
Which IDE are you using? I am seeing this in VS2005 with VA 1553:

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000