Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA context menu bug

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hensz Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 06:04:53 AM
Hi!

I disabled "VA context menu upon shift+right-click", but enabled "VA context menu upon right-click in margin of text editor". After I opened the VA context menu and close it again by a click outside the menu very often I cannot mark text with the mouse. Only after I right-clicked in the text editor can I mark text with the mouse again.

Best regards,
hensz
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 09 2007 : 10:45:14 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description. Apologies for breaking this:

case=7569
Henrik Posted - Jul 09 2007 : 07:04:43 AM
Thank a lot, "hensz",
that works for me, too. At least a workaround :-)

All the Best,
Henrik
hensz Posted - Jul 09 2007 : 04:48:21 AM
fyi: This bug does not occur (at least on my machine) when I open the context menu by right-clicking on the margin instead of shift+right-clicking. I can reproduce your problem here.

Best regards,
hensz
Henrik Posted - Jul 09 2007 : 04:07:50 AM
The current build 1559 introduces a new context menu bug:
If I select a range of lines, e.g. to be commented out, and use shift-right-click, the selected area is deselected before the menu appears, making it impossible to use it to comment out blocks...

As far as I can rememember this feature worked with 1557 - but I'm not 100% sure

Henrik

support Posted - Jul 07 2007 : 12:29:23 AM
case=6918 is fixed in Build 1559
feline Posted - Jun 04 2007 : 10:38:35 AM
*ah* that was it. As soon as I turned off the Indicator Margin I can reproduce this problem every other time I trigger the VA shift + right click menu. Turning the Indicator Margin back on for how should fix the problem for you:

case=6918
hensz Posted - Jun 04 2007 : 04:11:22 AM
I'm using Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and VisualAssist 1557.

The problem appears nearly every time I open the VA context menu and close it by a left (or right) click in the text.

I noticed that it doesn't appear if I close the menu not by a click but by clicking and holding the left mouse button and dragging the mouse, as though I would mark text. No text is marked then, but when I release the mouse button marking text works fine.

I'm using one option that might not be common: I have disabled the 'Indicator Margin' in the Text Editor Options of Visual Studio. Perhaps this has some influence on the issue.

Best regards,
hensz
feline Posted - Jun 01 2007 : 10:37:12 AM
Which IDE and version of VA are you using?
How often do you see this problem?

I have just tried this 10 times in a row using VS2005 and VA 1557 and I am not seeing any problems at all. I have set these two options the same way you describe, and I opened VA's context menu by right clicking (no shift key) in the margin of the editor, and closed it by left clicking in the code, away from the open menu.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000