Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1557 managed C++ performance

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kklobe Posted - Jun 05 2007 : 4:14:45 PM
Just installed 1557 (have not compared against 1555) using VS2005 SP1 on XP SP2 and created a managed C++ library project (File/New Project/Visual C++/CLR/Class Library) and the IDE becomes extremely unresponsive (2-3 seconds between keystrokes or just switching files). However, larger (400k lines) C# and (150k lines) pure C++ projects work just fine with no slowdown.

- Kirk
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kklobe Posted - Jun 08 2007 : 08:40:15 AM
It seems to be a VS2k5 (or my installation of VS2k5) issue; the performance is just as sluggish with VA uninstalled.
feline Posted - Jun 06 2007 : 08:58:55 AM
*um* that does not sound right at all. Your reference to large files in the first post left me with the impression you had imported a large file into this new project.

Can you try stopping VAX from loading at all, as described here, and see if this makes any difference?

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W306
kklobe Posted - Jun 05 2007 : 4:58:40 PM
This was a freshly-created project with the stock wizard-generated skeleton - maybe 150 lines in the entire project.
feline Posted - Jun 05 2007 : 4:52:04 PM
We have seen some performance problems in the IDE with very large files, even without VA running, in our own testing.

If possible the best solution is probably to split the code up into smaller files.
kklobe Posted - Jun 05 2007 : 4:23:54 PM
Sorry - please disregard. The performance got better after I uninstalled VA, but then after a reboot was just as bad in VS2005 without VA installed.

- Kirk

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000