Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Generated documentation incorrect for constructors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
graham.reeds Posted - Jun 12 2007 : 04:01:27 AM
and destructors.

Having this as the document method autotext:
/**
* This is the brief for the $SymbolVirtual$$SymbolPrivileges$$SymbolStatic$function $SymbolName$
* @param $MethodArgName$
* @return $SymbolType$
*/

Produces this for this destructor in a class called NVirtualNumpad:
/**
* This is the brief for the public function ~NVirtualNumpad
* @return */

The final return is missed out after the symbol type.

A better option would be to remove the return line if there is no return type (like in <con|de>structors.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 14 2007 : 07:30:36 AM
We are considering allowing Document Method to work on other things, classes included:

case=4932

rhummer is quite right, a few people have asked about this, and we are considering allowing refactoring keywords in normal autotext items:

case=3204
graham.reeds Posted - Jun 14 2007 : 03:55:56 AM
As you can see I use DOxygen for my comments. I also program in Java which makes switching from one to the other.

While VAX doesn't give class comments, the fact that the document method is so strong I'll allow them that. Would be nice to finally kill off the macros though.

G.
rhummer Posted - Jun 13 2007 : 1:52:52 PM
Not everyone wants XML comments, so it's left up to the end user if they want to customize the format Document Method uses.

IIRC, Adding refactoring keywords to normal autotext has been requested and being considered. Though feline will correct me if I am wrong. :)
dingweed Posted - Jun 13 2007 : 1:42:55 PM
BTW why aren't VAX using standard XML comments? Wouldn't it be cool if you type /// above the funciton name and it would add the comments just like C# does?

we use this in our group, but I had to write my own extension to do that. It would be nice have it done automatically.
feline Posted - Jun 12 2007 : 08:20:01 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=1755

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000