Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 tomato

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eve Posted - Jun 21 2007 : 12:10:40 PM
Hi,

I did a quick search trough the documentation but I could not immediately find what the purpose of the tomato is. It seems to appear when hovering over a suggestion box, and you can enable or disable it...

Or am I just too curious?

eli
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 22 2007 : 12:07:16 PM
Obviously I cannot confirm or deny that this is part of an easter-egg sequence

As for the tooltips, machine uptime between reboots might be a factor, and so might hibernating it. Just wild guesses to be honest, but *if* running out of resources is a factor this would help.
eve Posted - Jun 22 2007 : 08:49:04 AM
Maybe it's part of an easter-egg sequence

As for the blank tooltips, for the moment we have 3 different types of machines here, all with more or less the same configuration and I am the only one that ever saw this.
Some colleagues are also working on the same project with the same solution, but of course we all have our own habits and IDE configurations.

I'll try to stay alert to see what triggers that problem.
feline Posted - Jun 22 2007 : 08:35:33 AM
So much for that theory.

I can reproduce the same icon, for me it only happens when I get a suggestion list after typing an open bracket, before I have typed any text. I suspect this is just a "place holder" icon. It does not make any sense to have "show all symbols" at this point, since I have not typed anything yet.

Consider it a bonus feature, a nice happy icon to cheer you up

On a slightly related front, you mention seeing the same icon on a colleges machine. Have you ever seen the blank tooltips on anyone else's machine, or is it only your machine? If the machines have basically the same hardware, but only your machine shows the blank tooltips this would seem to rule out hardware, and if you have the same drivers then we could also initially rule out driver problems.
eve Posted - Jun 22 2007 : 08:05:41 AM
It seems to be unrelated to the blank tooltip problem. I always see this, even if my tooltips are fine. I saw it in a colleague's environment as well.
The icon itself does not have a tooltip. I also get the 'A' icon when typing a part of a symbol (like you did in the screenshot), but when I press '(' after a function name, then I always get the tomato icon.
You can push it, and then it stays pushed-in and you can un-push it again. And this state is kept for the next time the icon pops up.
feline Posted - Jun 22 2007 : 07:52:05 AM
Do you normally see this? I am wondering if there is a connection with your blank tooltips:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6416

This is what I am seeing when I hover my mouse over a suggestion listbox in VS2005 with VA 1557

If you hover the mouse over this icon what does the tooltip say? Do you even get a tooltip?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000