Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX on Windows 2008 CTP

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SvenC Posted - Jun 28 2007 : 09:18:35 AM
Hi,

I just installed VAX on Windows 2008 CTP (aka Longhorn Server) and the setup is crashing again.

The last time I could work around by disabling DEP for the setup and devenv.exe. But that is not working for me this time.

I guess the problematic code will be even more problematic the more people use Vista. Windows 2008 is presumably the same code base as Vista SP1 which should be around at the same time as Windows 2008.

Do you see any possibilities to remove or change the code which makes the DEP feature crash the setup?

I tries older 15xx setups also, and none did install.

Can I install manually - e.g. taking the files and registry from another machine, so that VAX will be loaded from VS6 and VS2005 on this machine?

Regards,
SvenC
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jul 09 2007 : 4:42:55 PM
(as you've noticed...)
case=4604 is fixed in Build 1559
SvenC Posted - Jul 07 2007 : 05:05:21 AM
Just installed 1559 on Win2008 CTP successfully. So the DEP problem seems to be fixed.

Thanks,
Sven
feline Posted - Jun 28 2007 : 11:48:11 AM
As I understand it the DEP problem comes from a 3rd party component we are using, so it is not something we can simply fix ourselves.

case=4604

I have emailed you about this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000