Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 No Visual Assist text editor features

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mpderbec Posted - Jul 11 2007 : 8:39:30 PM
I recently had to reinstall Visual Studio 2005 + SP1, and since then I've lost Visual Assist text editor integration. I've tried:

- Uninstalling/reinstalling Visual Assist (v1557)
- Rebuilding symbols
- Clearing history, cache, temp files
- Enabling/disabling just about every Visual Assist and Visual Studio 2005 option related to suggestions, auto-completion, IntelliSense etc. including the one in the FAQ about "Show completion lists after a character is typed."

Any suggestions on how to debug this would be appreciated.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 12 2007 : 07:22:41 AM
The first time you load the IDE after installing a new build of VA, VA will parse your system includes, so that it knows what suggestions to offer. You should see a stream of messages about VA parsing specific files flashing by on the IDE status bar.

Until this has finished VA will not work correctly, since it will not know what to do. 5 minutes is reasonable for the first system scan.

The next time you load the IDE VA should be up and running a lot more quickly.
mpderbec Posted - Jul 11 2007 : 8:50:35 PM
Hmmm.... works now. I didn't do anything. It seems like there may be a fairly lengthy delay sometimes before it starts kicking in?? This was at least 5 minutes.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000