Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1559: Shift + right click doesn't bring up VA menu

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tom_seddon Posted - Jul 12 2007 : 05:41:57 AM
If you select text, then Shift+Right Click, the VA menu doesn't pop up properly like it did with 1557. It flashes up for a fraction of a second, then disappears, probably removing the selection as well.

The solution is to right click in the breakpoint margin, if you have it enabled.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 17 2007 : 2:59:25 PM
Odd. Which IDE are you using?

I have just double checked with VS2005 and VA 1557, I selected several lines of code and then shift+right clicked in the editor window, and the code remained selected when the VA context menu appeared.
znakeeye Posted - Jul 17 2007 : 11:04:27 AM
"shift+right click removing the selection is a known bug we introduced into 1559:"

Hmm, I see this behavior in VAX 1557.
feline Posted - Jul 13 2007 : 12:09:17 PM
This has been fixed internally, and I would expect to see a fix in the next build.

As a temporary work around you could assign a keyboard shortcut to the command VAssistX.InsertAutotext
Not quite the same as working with the right click menu, but you may find this helps.
tom_seddon Posted - Jul 13 2007 : 11:43:14 AM
IDE: VS2005, not SP1.

Well it's working alright today -- so don't ask me what was going on there. Even restarting Visual Studio didn't fix it.

Anyway I hope you manage to make it work the old way; I have some autotext entries that use $selection$, and it's quicker to select with the mouse then not move it further than it is to select with the mouse then move it to the margin.

Thanks!
feline Posted - Jul 12 2007 : 07:00:15 AM
Which IDE are you using?

shift+right click removing the selection is a known bug we introduced into 1559:

case=7569

but for me the right click menu still appears as normal, it is just the selection is removed.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000