Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 How do I see VA Outline

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mike ONeill Posted - Jul 26 2007 : 08:45:27 AM
I have installed 1559 , run the registry entries script

I see the VA Outline tool window but its blank

I have reset the IDE via Tools > ImportExport > reset IDE

What haven't I set

I'm in VB does that make any difference

What do I do Next
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 10:44:21 AM
If you can avoid the apparently common C# practice of having properties and member variables that differ only by the case of the first letter - I always viewed that with suspicion - just make sure you have VA suggestions working:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W313

and then use longer names, so VA suggestions are more likely to be accurate. This way you spent a lot less time trying to spell things, and just rely on VA working it out for you. Its what I do

I sometimes "cheat" a bit and use a form of hungarian notation, partly since I find it helps me, and partly since it helps VA to give me the right suggestion since the type information at the start of a variable name narrows down the suggestions nicely
Mike ONeill Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 01:08:28 AM
Thanks , at least my problem solving abiities got that far . maybe I should take up C# after all . The only reason is my typing is so case sensitively poor

Cheers
Mike
feline Posted - Jul 26 2007 : 09:53:37 AM
VA Outline does not yet support VB, but this has been fixed internally:

case=5062

I am not sure when this will be released, but we are working towards a new beta release in a few weeks.
Mike ONeill Posted - Jul 26 2007 : 09:10:51 AM
Thakns for the link

I had already read that and was still stuck

I have just had a thought and tried a C# project and all is well , I see everything , drag & drop etc

I suspect VB is the poor relation again , as it is with some aspects of Refactoring ( still awaititng the Fix)

Maybe I take up C# there seems to a lot more support growing for it rather than VB
rhummer Posted - Jul 26 2007 : 08:58:58 AM
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6149

That thread will tell you how.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000