Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 typing '(' sometimes types it in the wrong window

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
owenl Posted - Jul 26 2007 : 6:58:27 PM

Sometimes when I have multiple windows open for the same source cpp file, and I type '(' (the open paren), it types the '(' where the cursor is in one of my other window views of the file. So it appears that nothing gets typed, but if I switch to one of the other window views of the file I see a new '(' there.

Does anybody know why this is happening? Is this a bug? Is this part of a feature that I can turn off?

Thanks,
Owen
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
owenl Posted - Jul 30 2007 : 1:13:26 PM
I haven't yet been able to setup a reproduceable case. It does seem to be random. I'll try to figure out a way to reproduce it or get it to happen with VA logging turned on (as you advise in Gav's thread).
feline Posted - Jul 30 2007 : 07:08:12 AM
Interesting. Are you able to reproduce this problem on demand, or do you only get it at random?

As far as I know we were never able to reproduce the problem Gav reported.
owenl Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 1:05:04 PM
Hmm, I don't have "Show Miscellaneous files in Solution Explorer" turned on.

For what it's worth, my case seems identical to Gav's 6/8/07 thread:
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6367&SearchTerms=4903
feline Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 10:45:34 AM
Do you have the IDE setting:

"Show Miscellaneous files in Solution Explorer" in Tools|Options|Environment|Documents.

turned on? There is a known problem where brackets are sometimes sent to the wrong file if this setting is turned on. This is actually an IDE bug, it is reporting the wrong file as the active file, and we are trying to find a reliable fix in VAX.

Unfortunately we do not yet have one, but turning off this option fixes the problem.

case=4903
owenl Posted - Jul 26 2007 : 7:06:17 PM
I am using Visual Studio 2005, VAX 1559.
-Owen

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000