Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Bug with Highlight Current Line

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 09:37:05 AM
Current Line (VAX) does not appear in the Visual 2005 font/color settings.
http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/currentLine.asp

It used to work, it was redefined by me, but now the color is reset to some default, and it is not possible to change it as it does not appear in the list.

Using latest VAX version.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 30 2007 : 07:42:01 AM
Using win2k, VS2005 and VA 1559 I have done some tests on key bindings for VA functions.

First I setup the following new key bindings:

VAssistX.AutotextEdit = Ctrl+Alt+Num 1
VAssistX.AutotextInsert = Ctrl+Alt+Num 2
VAssistX.Options = Ctrl+Alt+Num 3
VAssistX.RefactorDocumentMethod = Ctrl+Alt+Num 4
VAssistX.VAView = Ctrl+Alt+Num 5

Then I exported all VS2005 settings, using the IDE's import / export settings feature.

Then I reinstalled VA 1559, saying Yes to reset VS2005. After this install finished running these key bindings were still set, and still worked, so the reset did not upset any of them for me.

After this install I deleted one of these key bindings and then imported the settings file. This restored the deleted key binding for me.

I would certainly recommend exporting your current IDE settings, and perhaps you VA settings as well before doing the IDE reset, but it looks like you should be fine.

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings

I hope the reset fixes this problem for you.
Adequat Posted - Jul 28 2007 : 02:37:45 AM
I use 1559. I recently tried the addin Workspace Wizard, but had to remove it as it prevented me Visual Studio to start. But I don't think this is linked to the problem of this thread.
Thanks to http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6022&SearchTerms=current,line
I could partially solve the problem, I did:
1) Export all VC++ setting.
2) search for section
<Category GUID="{A27B4E24-A735-4D1D-B8E7-9716E1E3D8E0}"...
3) Add the line:
<Item Name="Current Line (VA X)" Foreground="0x00C0C0C0" Background="0x02000000" BoldFont="No"/>
(copied from an old vssettings file).
4) Reimport settings. The Current Line setting is then immediatly taken into account, without restarting the IDE (this persists after re-launching the IDE). That is what I need. However, the Current Line setting is still not available from the VC++ font dialog.
I did not want to reset VS2005 settings. It took me time to adjust things. Well, certainly this could be restored with a vsseting file?
But what about key bindinds with VAX functions, would they be restored after doing "export all settings" / "Install/Reset VAX" / "import all settings" ?

feline Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 10:50:43 AM
The easiest solution may be to reinstall VA 1559 and say Yes when asked if you want to reset VS2005.

Do you have any other addin's installed? I am not sure why this would have disappeared from the list, but I am wondering if some other addin could be a factor.
rhummer Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 09:52:34 AM
What version of VA X are you using, and when you installed it did you tell the IDE to reset it's setting? Thats how the new color settings get added to the IDE settings.

Or with out resetting the IDE, you could try what sean has suggested here with registry keys: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6022&SearchTerms=current,line

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000