Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Retrieve derived classes

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smeuser Posted - Aug 02 2007 : 06:56:28 AM
Hi,

I have a base class and want to see, which classes are derived from this base. Is this possible with Visual Assist? (Similar to the Hovering Class Browser, where I can see which base classes a class have but the other way round).

ciao
Stefan
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 02 2007 : 11:20:23 AM
Yes, I was wondering if you had disabled the IDE's intellisense when I suggested Class View.

If you don't need an interactive display you may find Doxygen helps. I have never used this much myself, but I am aware that it can / does produce class hierarchy information.
smeuser Posted - Aug 02 2007 : 08:53:30 AM
Ok, I can switch to our Unix IDE if I need it, but would be a nice to have especially since "Class View" is not available because of disabled IntelliSense.

Stefan

feline Posted - Aug 02 2007 : 07:40:24 AM
Not directly. We are considering adding a feature like this:

case=6647

For now depending on the IDE you are using you may find the IDE's "Class View" helps.

Alternatively if you run VA's Find References on the class name you will see all classes that are directly derived from the class in the list, but they may take a bit of finding.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000