Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 All+G does not work on 1559

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Michal Puczynski Posted - Aug 03 2007 : 06:22:20 AM
Alt-G stop working with 1559. After downgrade to 1557 functionality gets back.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 10 2007 : 6:45:51 PM
I will put the article onto my reading list

For now I have just downloaded the demo from the article and added the three code files to an existing VS2005 project. Using VA 1559 I am not seeing any problems with alt-g. I have worked through "Demo.cpp" and used alt-g on most things, and it is always working, always doing something sensible.

I have emailed you about this, via the forum.
Michal Puczynski Posted - Aug 10 2007 : 05:55:33 AM
Could be. There is a generated header of XML structures based on our-own smart-pointer template. The file is huge, but I haven't notice 1557->1559 behavior change around that file. Other changed, but also template based. Please refer to http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/FastDelegate.asp for one of templates that might cause problems.
feline Posted - Aug 06 2007 : 06:56:42 AM
That's rather worrying. Is there anything "odd" about the code?
Does it use a lot of macro's or heavy duty templates?

I am wondering if there is anything that might point to a parser problem, something that 1557 can parse correctly but 1559 cannot parse.
Michal Puczynski Posted - Aug 05 2007 : 08:46:06 AM
VC 2003 with SP1. I cannot recall any special condition, I just opened solution, waited until VA stops scanning files and tried Alt-G on a method already highlighted as method on a known class and Alt-G did not jump. I tried on other methods and class. Some did work, some not. When I rolled back to 1557, all those that did not work started to work again.
feline Posted - Aug 03 2007 : 07:15:06 AM
which IDE and programming language are you using?
alt-g works fine for me in 1559.

was this failing everywhere, or only under some conditions?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000