Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 vertical scrolling & refactor menu position

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eve Posted - Aug 06 2007 : 09:33:00 AM
Hi,

I noticed that when scrolling vertically in a file, the refactor menu (the one that you get when hovering over a symbol) is not drawn at the correct place.
When scrolling far enough, it is not drawn at all anymore.

I'm using VAX 1559 on VS2005.

regards,
eli
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 07 2007 : 08:06:26 AM
There are a couple of known bugs with the column indicator. When using the middle mouse button to scroll vertically (clicking to enter scrolling mode) the indicator column can be drawn as a solid line, rather than a series of dots:

case=3083

If you click on the horizontal scroll bar, outside of the "block" to jump sideways a "page" then the column indicator does not move. The column indicator does move properly if you drag the scroll bar "block" sideways to scroll:

case=7019
eve Posted - Aug 06 2007 : 11:14:57 AM
hmm, chocolate... :-)

I noticed another problem with vertical scrolling: the column indicator behaves rather strangely when moving vertically. It moves a little during scrolling, but when you are scrolled completely to the right it is usually drawn at a totally incorrect place.

eli
feline Posted - Aug 06 2007 : 10:59:04 AM
I know that feeling, you probably just need more chocolate

I am seeing the same thing here:

case=1402

If you assign a keyboard shortcut to VAssistX.RefactorContextMenu then the menu should appear in a sensible place (based on the caret) even when you have a lot of sideways scrolling.

Alternatively you should see a "Refactor (VA X)" item at the top of the IDE context menu, which is not bothered by the sideways scrolling.
eve Posted - Aug 06 2007 : 10:48:47 AM
I'm sorry, that should have been 'when scrolling horizontally' and not 'when scrolling vertically'.
I'll blame it on the fact that it is Monday.

And I'm triggering the icon by hovering over a symbol.
feline Posted - Aug 06 2007 : 10:38:18 AM
How are you triggering this icon? Are you hovering the mouse over a symbol, or using a keyboard shortcut to open the menu directly?

I don't really follow. You can only hover the mouse over a symbol that is currently visible on the screen.

How long a file are you using?
How are you scrolling through the file?
Is this easy to reproduce?

I have just run some tests here, using the middle mouse button to scroll up and down a file and I am not seeing any problems.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000