Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 defined() in macros

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tailsu Posted - Aug 31 2007 : 07:31:31 AM
VA properly shows 'defined' in the completion list, but for some reason the only thing that appears in the suggestions list is DefineDosDevice.

In an empty project try writing:
#if defined
and you'll see
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 03 2007 : 2:20:51 PM
The wrong suggestions appearing on a line starting with # is a known problem that we are working on. Some improvements have been made internally:

case=2338
tailsu Posted - Sep 03 2007 : 07:25:56 AM
Btw, the same effect is observed when writing #pragma's (like #pragma comment(lib, "d3d9")) so the problem can be generalized at this point - when writing precompiler directives, VA's suggestions are bogus.
feline Posted - Aug 31 2007 : 2:41:51 PM
That's a good point. It also complicates things a little bit, since VA needs to have some understanding of the #if statement, to know when it wants to suggest defined.

I have put in a feature request for this:

case=8490
tailsu Posted - Aug 31 2007 : 08:44:53 AM
Should I write an auto-text entry for

#if !defined(AMI_LINGO_NAME) \ || !defined(AMI_LINGO_CHANNELS) || !defined(AMI_LINGO_DEFAULT_CHANNEL) || !defined(AMI_LINGO_CO_TRAITS) \ || !defined(AMI_LINGO_SOCKETS) \ || !defined(AMI_LINGO_OARCHIVE) || !defined(AMI_LINGO_IARCHIVE) \ || !defined(AMI_LINGO_CO_ENUMERATOR) \ || !defined(AMI_LINGO_INPUT_CO_ITERATOR) || !defined(AMI_LINGO_OUTPUT_CO_ITERATOR)

?

:)
feline Posted - Aug 31 2007 : 08:35:24 AM
I would suggest adding an autotext entry, perhaps the shortcut #ifde and the code #if defined($end$)

A slight cheat, it is true, but still this should be a very effective solution.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000